Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Where are the clowns?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Where are the clowns?

Well Cappy good job that happened when it did, 2000 years ago.
    Cos if it was now they would find the bloody place closed from the virus.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Likes cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I always leave my hearing aids out when on the IPad just in case of such happening . JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One thing we did learn from the minute of stepping onboard our very first ship was manners and how to conduct ourselves at sea.
    We would never insult a crew members wife traveling with us.

Manners maketh the man. Someone once said a long time ago. Still true today.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi cappy
    good evening, dont worry about old george anymore, or who indeed about his tossing off, as in print today a nice story about a donkey called tommy from worcester whom has been given a prosthetic leg by a orthopaedic from dorset,so get george over to him and he will be back as right as rain tossing all again.
    tom
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 4th January 2022 at 07:39 PM.

6. Likes cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#109 Hi Graham I’m sitting here watching NCIS on telly no doubt you have it too. Do you ever get upset with the adverts and them showing their gun to someone and flashing their warrant card and shouting NCIS time after time. Well I’ve just had a brainwave to save all the ennui, think that’s the word , maybe a word in the producers ear, and instead of shouting NCIS everytime to save on the boredom bit they should shout out the words as the would sound if spoken properly like. knickers which really is nicir’s. But whose to know ? JS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wherever you wish to put your NCIS is your business,sir.On the telly is as good a place as any ,although a lace runner and an ornament iusually suffices,or Uncle Charlie's ashes,since he spent most of his life sat in front of the damn thing..

I do wonder about the spelling of that word though-should it be knickers or nickers-I do prefer the latter,as writing NORWICH on the back of the envelope to your beloved prior to going home,is a lot more suggestively exciting and straight to the point than Kickers off Ready When I Come home,and I don't think there's a place called KORWICH anyway.

...and also Why on earth our American cousins call stiletto heels' pumps' I do not know. ??-- It was in my documents folder under 'Filed for Another Day',but I never got round to dealing with it. Pumps to me were off-white rubber soled gym shoes,often with a pongy interior,and nothing like a sexy red shapely ladies shoe that little girls loved to borrow from Mummy's wardrobe and clomp around in,or Dick Emery used to attempt to walk in,and almost broke his neck-"Ooh you are awful----but I like you !"

Head down time.sleep.jpg
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 4th January 2022 at 07:42 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#113 Would be much more entertaining to shout No NCIS ‘rs . JS
    R575129

10. Likes cappy, thomas michael, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

First let me explain something I shouldn't have to when talking to seamen. There is a difference in shipboard manners and those which apply to life ashore. The differences are learnt from our first ship. Seamen like me who spent all their working life at sea would never walk into another persons cabin without knocking even if the door was open. We would take off our hat before sitting down at a messroom table. We would always help a fellow seamen if he was struggling or going through a tough time. The "I'm all right Jack" attitude which some on site have unfortunately came into our lives in the latter years.
    If a person insults me by talking of a make believe donkey I will insult right back. Turning the other cheek is not for me. If we were on real ship and not this virtual one my response would be a swift kick in the plums.
    This of course is all a distraction from the subject of my post. The Tories on site have no answer to the sleaze, lies and corruption of this inept government.

12. Thanks Bill Cameron thanked for this post
    Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #111
    good afternoon, ennui ? i had to refer to my dictionary for that one, But i suppose anybody whom sits watching ncis on their tv and shouting knickers has to be more educated, qualified and articulated than myself, so with all the grace that my latent manners afford me i bow to your superior knowledge of the oral and written word. But i will lean to the advice given by graham and finish with the word Norwich, although he has left me equally puzzled by his reference to his wearing red high heels and insisting that they are not called pumps.
    so i leave you with best wishes for the new year for yourself and family.
    tom
    Last edited by thomas michael; 29th December 2021 at 04:01 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

HI John.
    May your fires be small and your drinks glass be large. Have a happy and Healthy New Year, and keep those tales a coming.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast