Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the clowns?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Where are the clowns?

Antivaxers do not understand that those of us who have the vaccination are also doing it for them.

But hindsight is such a wonderful thing, you can fix as many problems as you wish, all you have to say is,
    'if we had done it this a way'????

The global economy is a basket case, but it will recover because nothing improves things like greed does.
    Many smart ones will see ways of making money, many new ways will emerge and life will continue, until the next time.

For this one however there is not a leader in the world who was ready for it, will they be for the next one??
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I will tell you a secret if you promise to keep it yourself and not tell the few on site who still think King Clown is a winner.

In a vote to elect a new MP to replace the last corrupt Tory one the Conservatives lost a seat that had been a safe Tory stronghold for two hundred years. The voters chose a Lib Dem to represent them in Parliament.

Please spare a thought for our Tory members, they will be deep in mourning today.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post

Please spare a thought for our Tory members, they will be deep in mourning today.
    I don't think so Louis, all Govt's in power suffer mid term losses in Bye elections, but once it comes to the nitty gritty real election time people wake up, but enjoy gloating whilst you can especially if it gives you a happy christmas, which we all wish you and yours regardless of politics

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the labour vote collapses to 3680 ......just above the greens.....conservatives12032.....once again showing labour is unelectible.....and that is no secret......no comment from steer calmer...oops

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Many artists have recorded this ballad but I prefer the version by Nat King Cole.

The party's over
    It's time to call it a day
    The've burst your balloon
    And taken your moon away
    It's time to wind up the masquerade
    Just make your mind up
    The piper must be paid

The party's over
    The candles flicker and dim
    You danced and dreamed through the night
    It seemed to right just being with him
    Now you must wake all dreams must end
    Take off your your makeup
    The party's over
    It's all over my friend

6. Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Arthur Rowe liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post
    Many artists have recorded this ballad but I prefer the version by Nat King Cole.

The party's over
    It's time to call it a day
    The've burst your balloon
    And taken your moon away
    It's time to wind up the masquerade
    Just make your mind up
    The piper must be paid

The party's over
    The candles flicker and dim
    You danced and dreamed through the night
    It seemed to right just being with him
    Now you must wake all dreams must end
    Take off your your makeup
    The party's over
    It's all over my friend
    Aha into song mode louis......how about ........
    STARMER PLAYED HIS UKELELE AS HIS SHIP WENT DOWN ....much sharper.... and of course much more to the salient point...labour unelectable

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As i have stated before , i don't owe allegiance to any political party, and i voted for the Tory party this time round. However, i still don't see any alternative at the moment, and i will state my concerns as i see it at the moment. What i see happening very shortly is there will be a challenge to Boris, and i think he will be ousted. My main concern with that is, who will replace him ?, whoever it is must be as strong with the EU as we are at the moment , with Lord Frost bargaining hard. The last thing we want is a mamby pamby Pm who will concede anything to the EU, because they will grind us down. Just my take on the situation as i see it,, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    As i have stated before , i don't owe allegiance to any political party, and i voted for the Tory party this time round. However, i still don't see any alternative at the moment, and i will state my concerns as i see it at the moment. What i see happening very shortly is there will be a challenge to Boris, and i think he will be ousted. My main concern with that is, who will replace him ?, whoever it is must be as strong with the EU as we are at the moment , with Lord Frost bargaining hard. The last thing we want is a mamby pamby Pm who will concede anything to the EU, because they will grind us down. Just my take on the situation as i see it,, kt
    Not sure boris will go keith... but gove is one sharp quick minded solid true brit .......sadly for labour.... steer calmer must resign after being just ahead of the greens .....but then who would lead ......DIANE or that other bloke Lammy.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: Where are the clowns?

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    Not sure boris will go keith... but gove is one sharp quick minded solid true brit .......sadly for labour.... steer calmer must resign after being just ahead of the greens .....but then who would lead ......DIANE or that other bloke Lammy.....

Yes,but isn't Angela Rayner the Deputy Leader of Labour party? OMG- as the younger ones say today (I have never been one to be trendy,so in my case it's OBHN-Oh Bluddy Hell,No.) She's the archetypical female Labour activist/supporter- a single mother,daughter of her single mother no doubt; working class (aren't we all?) , a rentamouth,with chip factories on each shoulder- and a Corbynite- she's just the opposite to' Steer Calmer' in fact.

The Lib Dems ,with the extra votes from both Labour,and the 'turncoat' stupid Tory voters who just wanted to give Boris a slap,are having their five minutes of fame. They'll fade back into obscurity and slumbers in a few months.They have won a couple of bye-elections,that's all. Pfft! That's nowt Just wait until a proper general election,and you'll find the Tories still in power.OK,Boris may not be there,but there are some very capable ministers in this government who can amply fill his shoes. They may not be as exciting or as entertaining as Boz-and I think I would miss all that! ....
    I'm not a fanatical supporter of government in general,but Boris got us out of Europe-and I wanted that,and that's why I support him.
    Xmas PC (2).gif
    Last edited by Graham Shaw; 17th December 2021 at 11:38 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Australia and Britain just signed a new trade deal, the first since Brexit, I hope Boris coming to Aus to live wasn't part of the deal, though I must say it would be touch and go as to who would make the best PM him or our Add man
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast