Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Covid

#80 good job you weren’t a navigator then Keith. JS
    R575129

4. Likes happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Yep, may have ended up, having an oriental take-away in Alaska.

LOL.

K.

6. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well not too many years back Alaska belonged to Russia , and parts of Russia is very akin to China so an oriental take away was probably quite common. The worlds history is not too well known these days , the blind leading the blind jumps to mind with today’s leading professional educationalists. The Crimean war is like yesterday in today’s world history ref. To time . Russia and America were even allies then. As regards Time itslf just going back to GMT might cover it. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 4th December 2021 at 12:25 AM.
    R575129

8. Likes happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

My main concern is that we are told: Documents released by the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE) and subgroup Nervtag warned the highly evolved strain could cause a surge in cases 'similar or even larger' than previous waves band and others seem to not take it seriously.

K.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 4th December 2021 at 01:29 AM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Seems, NSW records 325 Covid cases and one death - as the Omicron variant threatens to ruin Christmas by forcing borders to close.
    One death is to many and this is from the new variant, can anyone give true figures of total covid losses in Oz since this began and not
    gloss over the truth.

Apparently as rellies down under tell me: Victoria's Covid cases continue to climb with 1,365 new infections and nine deaths, South Australia announces new rules for travellers amid 'extreme concern' over Omicron variant - as premier says border closure remains on the cards.

Apparently, South Africa's daily Covid cases soar 467% in a week with 16,055 new infections and hospital admissions surge 365% to 279 amid Omicron wave - as country warns its R rate could be 3.5.

Meanwhile: Europe hits the panic button: Unvaxxed lockdowns, jab mandates and travel bans rushed in as leaders try to curb soaring Covid cases and Omicron variant

Enough errors have been made already, caution and action may prevent more deaths.

K.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 4th December 2021 at 02:34 AM.

11. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

.....#82. Keith anyone can drop bloomers , sometimes it may be due to age, or just plain ignorance. One of the biggest ones I heard and it could be funny or not so funny as the case may be. The routine on a ship for the deck department was the bosun would see the mate every morning to discuss the days work etc.. one morning the bosun who Cappy knows came up and we were discussing other things. He came out with a story about this old mate he had sailed with who had been on the ship about 10 years , and when he asked him the days work, he said , just go round the derricks and chip and scrape and touch up the rusty parts. The bosun gave him a funny look saying you do know they are made of wood don’t you ? He didn’t get past that bit but knowing the bosun he would not have repeated that story on that ship as would have made the old mate the laughing stock thereafter . That bosun was Chow , Cappy, I knew my derricks were steel and was much younger. Whether that mate had been under the apprehension for 10 years that he had steel derricks , or was just suffering a seniors moment I don’t know and don’t want to. Cheers JS ....
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 4th December 2021 at 02:50 AM.
    R575129

13. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz, cappy liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

BUT, can anyone give true figures of total covid losses in Oz since this began and not
    gloss over the truth.

K.

15. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well I”m still here ! Sort of ! JS
    R575129

17. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

As said one death is to many and this is from the new variant

Think your figures will be a hell of a lot less than ours but, take all care, te
    fat lady is not singing yet.

"It ain't over till (or until) the fat lady sings"

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast