Thread: Ex Cunard Apprentice, 1957 onwards

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default captain Kong

Brian
    That's the way to tell them and act.
    Some of us know the truth .about some other guy.
    As kids we would say
    "sticks and stones may break my bones , but names will never harm me."
    keep up the good work and stories.
    If you remember I got the same trouble for doing picture repairs and reposting in my name
    As you know I never did this and would never think of doing it.
    As you know yourself I always e mailled them back to the owner.
    I repaired them at their request.
    So I know what it is like to have some nutter trying to cause you trouble.Sniping on a site is childness and very upsetting.
    I and a lot of others will be waiting for your next posting
    PLEASE!!!
    Stick with us as we will stick by you .

Ron
    Ps I'm right with you mate
    Last edited by Ron B Manderson; 26th December 2009 at 08:04 PM.

2. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Brett Hayes, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Capt Kong

Hi Captain,I read your posting and quite enjoyed all that you said,no need to use my title Mr,I'm just plain Jim.
    I will read it tomorrow and digest it fully,if I find that I owe you an apology this will be forthcoming with sincerity no problem.
    I did'nt spend my life in the "Platehouse" it was just a way of giving somebody a title.
    I came ashore and spent my time(33 years) as "Office Manager"in the finance game,until retirement.
    I'm still celebrating the holiday so not quite"Compos Mentis" some of you might say I'm always like that.I dont know wy I'm even looking at this site,my beer is going warm!!!!!
    Kind Regards.
    Jim Brady.

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default My reply to a puerile question

I use it because I earned it, and I also represent The Merchant Navy Training Board as an Ambassador to coax qualified school leavers into a career at sea. Don't look now, but your inferiority complex is showing!
    End of subject, no further discussions required, Merry Christmas, by the way!

6. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Mike Howard, Brett Hayes liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good on you, Captain.

8. Likes N/A, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Titles

Hi CAPTAIN GORDON,I have never felt inferior to any man,bring them on and I am equal!!
    Where were you brought up ? Scotland or Wales,I'm confused.You would'ntve seen the Sylvania till,,
    you were 17,you must've done some travelling as a child from Scotland to see these Polish people off from Liverpool.
    Your chronological order to me dose'nt fit.
    You say you earned your title.This I agree with but what pisses me off more than anything is experts coming on the television regarding the Afghann war for argument sake getting introduced as "Colonel Bob".He is not "Colonel Bob"he is just plain "Bob" he has retired from the Armed Forces and is now in civilian life so his title went with that.Another one Albert Kirby did the James Bulger case,he go's to Portugal for the T.Vto have a look at the Madeliene McCann case,gives his opinion,sells television title "Detective Inspector"Albert Kirby.He is now just plain Albert Kirby,if he wants to he can use Mr.
    For the rest of my "Fans" I still have quite a bit of reading and research PLUS A Big PM todo before I can give the full story.

"Disgusted Tunbridge Wells"

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default pertinent facts

Check 1:- Polish Hospital, Penley, Nr Wrexham, Denbighhshire, North Wales, which was my my address from 1956.
    Check 2:- Discharge book R681197, issued September 1957, Liverpool, after signing Indentures with Cunard.
    Check 3:- Grove Park Grammar School, Wrexham, GCSE results, 1957, (August).
    Check 4:- "Sylvania","Saxonia","Caronia", all ran between Princes Landing Stage, Pierhead, to New York, with emigrants.
    I will not accept accusations of falsehoods from anyone. My Mother re-married to a Polish Master Carpenter and Carver, and was an administrator in the above hospital, and implimented many emigrations of Polish families to USA, therefore allowing me the privelige of boarding "Sylvania". I suggest you vent your bile elsewhere. Final comments to your pitiful self.

12. Thanks N/A, Robert George Young, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Robert George Young liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Unhappy my thoughts on the subject

If any one wants to call himself Captain , First class winger , or the Milky bar kid , it doesn't bother me . this is a great site , isnt is a good place to bury the braid ,, whether gold , silver or red . I always thougt that some old men were called captain because the sign over the door said it and some because they had earned the respect . From what I have seen of Gordon on here he sounds like the latter may apply

so lets bury the Hatchet .
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

14. Likes Brett Hayes, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default My opinion

Thank you all, for your support.
    I really do not need any "aggro". Everything I post is true. Farewell to all of you, I thought my tales might interest you all. I was obviously mistaken. I will eventually publish my book, and you may make up you minds. Great life at sea, with some ar******s, but that's life. Bye Bye, and good posting in future.
    Captain, (By achievement and Rank), Gordon.
    Thanks to Cunard for my training, and thanks to the shipmates who know me, and my history.
    Last edited by Captain Gordon Whittaker; 29th December 2009 at 06:17 PM. Reason: usual spelling mistake

16. Thanks N/A, Brett Hayes, Robert George Young, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Robert George Young liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Captain, I took you for a man of sterner stuff. Will you walk away just because a few cannot take the heat? If you leave it will be because you have allowed a few to brow beat you. I for one beliveve very firmly in free speech, sometimes it offends, so what! So will you stay my good man?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

18. Thanks Robert George Young thanked for this post
    Likes Robert George Young, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ref post #15

I assume I have the right to reply.

Well! That’s putting me in my place but guess what, it hasn’t changed my opinion of you one iota and I still see you as a pathological liar.
    With your partner you were invited into my home as a trusted friend and guest and you proceeded to insult the intelligence of my wife and I telling us how you fought the Viet Cong when you were on the Georgic and when I pulled you up, saying you were a dreamer, you started blubbering some excuse about telling the lie so often you believed it was the truth.
    I suppose it was a lie when you told my wife and I that you’d been twenty years with the Gas Company selling gas heaters and central heating, and what about owning a flower shop was that also a lie?

You must have a very low self-esteem having to lie about who you are and what you’ve done and as to me stalking you, you’re out of your mind, I was a member of Yo Liverpool long before you knew what it was; I am registered has Phil which is my second name, just as I was on this site long before you joined. I am also registered on a couple of American sites as Leonardo and on my computer support forum I am bgates … they’re called nicknames, quite a common practice online.
    By the way you can’t remove your own posts unless you have access to the site data; however, you can edit them but why would you edit them out unless you were trying to hide something?

I’ve always said you are good company but you have a real problem telling the truth and that’s a pity, you’re a good story teller but you shouldn’t insult the intelligence of your readers by presenting fiction as fact.

Doc Vernon (Admin)
    Tony please refrain from remarks like this on site! (pathological liar) If you have to haggle then please use the PMessage section,where it cannot be seen! Its between the 2 of you not the World!

By the way you can’t remove your own posts unless you have access to the site data

You can remove your own posts from site,and they will eventually become obsolete!

This post i will leave for now and see what happens!
    Sorry!
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 13th June 2022 at 08:13 PM. Reason: addition from admin!

20. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast