Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: M/V Capulet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default M/V Capulet

Joined Capulet 2/9/75 as EDH in Marseilles and paid off 17/1/76 in Bandar Abbas, Iran. Discharged sugar in Marseilles, loaded steel in Italy for Rio and then grain in Durban for Bandar abbas. Was anchored off there for weeks and flew home, thank God. Not the greatest voyage but what an easy going and comfortable ship. Does anyone know where I might find a photo of her, I've searched Hi and lo and have found only one of her at Glasgow but its not a very good one. Remember A deckie from Sunderland (George?) if I remember rightly most of the deck crowd were from Hull, the messmam was from Leeds. Thanx in anticipation.

2. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes Peter Grounds liked this post
    Gulliver Guest

Default m.v.CAPULET ...

Hi Col.If you go to the link below,you will see a sequence of photos of m.v.CAPULET arriving at Leith.
    You will be able to save the images on your PC for personal use,but don't distribute them without acknowledging the photo owner and the website.
    Kind Regards
    Gulliver
    http://www.teesbuiltships.co.uk/swanhaverton/capulet1972.htm

Capulet 1932
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 24th September 2018 at 09:31 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Capulet

Many thanx Gulliver, really good photos as well, again many thanx.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi col,
    My names doug. bee and i have been looking at your photos of the CAPULET and imagine my surprise when i saw them because i was on the CAPULET in6/11/58 and she was a little 9,000 ton tanker in those days and very old even then.But what a great trip we had on her , out to west indies first ,CURACOA,along yanky coast ,collision in NEW YORK harbour ,into dry dock, out again and down to CURACAO then down to RIO DE JANERO ,RECIFE then up the AMOZON for fresh water CURACAO again andhome to NEWCASTLE a great trip .All the best DOUG.

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Gulliver Guest

Default Capulet (3)......

Yes Doug,there have been 4 vessels called CAPULET owned by Bowring’s over the years.
    Yours was the third,a motor tanker of 9,960 grt built in 10/46 by Swan Hunter,Wallsend for Bowring’s. She was initially named REGENT TIGER , being renamed CAPULET from 1954 to 1966 when she was sold for demolition ,and broken up in Santander 5/66.

CAPULET -1946.jpg
    Regards

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Capulet

Sailed on Capulet 4 in 1978. Joined her in Vancouver as R/O. Loaded Sulphur for Baires. Very interesting trip, especially sailing through The Magellan Strait.
    Gulliver I would like to download the photos for personal use.
    Many Thanks in anticipation.
    Pat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Capulet

I was on mv capulet may 1955 sunderland first trip to sea old tanker payed off Falmouth march 1956
    longjourney home by train to s/land great trip

10. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: M/V Capulet

Col, I must have joined the Capulet when you paid off. Was on anchor off Bandar Abbas for 3 months before finally getting alongside to discharge the grain. We used to take one of the lifeboats ashore at weekends for a beer. Pre Islamic Revolution days.

12. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Col Grace View Post
    Joined Capulet 2/9/75 as EDH in Marseilles and paid off 17/1/76 in Bandar Abbas, Iran. Discharged sugar in Marseilles, loaded steel in Italy for Rio and then grain in Durban for Bandar abbas. Was anchored off there for weeks and flew home, thank God. Not the greatest voyage but what an easy going and comfortable ship. Does anyone know where I might find a photo of her, I've searched Hi and lo and have found only one of her at Glasgow but its not a very good one. Remember A deckie from Sunderland (George?) if I remember rightly most of the deck crowd were from Hull, the messmam was from Leeds. Thanx in anticipation.
    Hi there, I have only just found this forum & joined up. I joined and left the Capulet the same dates as yourself as 2nd Mate, as you say a good ship, the Old man was Brian Crowden, & I remember well the trip home from Bandar Abbas, flying up to Tehran first then on home the next day with Brit Airways. I did two trips on her in '75 & and that one in '76, happy memories! I have only one photo of the ship & not sure how to post it on here but will investigate how its done. All the best

14. Likes Captain Kong, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bit of a old Tread Peter but hopefully will be seen
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast