Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: M/V Capulet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Capulet

Quote Originally Posted by Les Forth View Post
    I was on mv capulet may 1955 sunderland first trip to sea old tanker payed off Falmouth march 1956
    longjourney home by train to s/land great trip
    hi les i joined the capulet in april 1956 in falmouth straight from the vindi as a deck boy three deck boys joined all called peter spent 9 months on her firtst port of call curacoa first of many

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: M/V Capulet

Hi, i'm a bit late with my reply, I flew out to Genoa to join the Capulet 08/12/1972 as Assistant Stewart, this was her first trip, and when she was empty, with the prop half out the water, she vibrated like hell. the ports I remember were Casablanca, Samkong in China, Albany in Western Australia, Vancouver, Alexandria and paid off River Tyne on 14/7/1973 This was not the best ship I'd been on but I have a Photo of the ship, an Ariel one taken I think coming in to Alexandria, Egypt was at war with Israel at the time and at night the Navy put anti submarine nets across the entrance to the harbour and during the night set off depth charges in case frogmen had attached limpet mines to Ships, used to give you a right headache from the pressure shock

3. Thanks Kenneth Kenny thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2