Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: OLD and New!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default MSC Poesia.

Hi All. I was on cruise deals web, looking for a cruise for next year, this one I could not believe.... Fly B.A. to Miami, join the MSC Poesia ( 93.000 tons ) then on to New York, from there accross the Alantic to the Azores, then on to Portugal for 2 nights, onto Spain, 2 ports, and finally Dover for disembarking. ( I live in Folkestone, next town to Dover )......... 699.00. for 16 nights and we managed to get a disabled assisted cabin on deck 11 for my wife. that is in April-May 2010, Full board.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are soem great deals out there if you know where to look. Friend of mine is taking her husband on an 18 night cruise from Bangcock back to Sydney via Singapore and a few other spots for $1300 each. they have to get to Bangcock on their own.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hey louis my friend. why are you not interested in your children? haha.
    sorry but at times the site gets a bit serious. just trying to lighyen it up. cheers. alf
    Backsheesh runs the World
    people talking about you is none of your business
    R397928

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi
    Did a 24 day cruise to states and canada last year on QUEEN VICTORIA must say we had a fantastic time,
    re tipping when we checked in at southampton told the purser that we wanted to opt out of the tipping system he just gave us a form to sign and that was it, of course tips were still added to the bar bills. i might add that we did tip our cabin stewardess and waiter. I personally think that is the best way you tip according to the sevice you get.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Old and New.

What I would liketo know about these modern day cruises is why are so many passengers going down with all these bugs.(I dont know the names of them and I certainly can't spell them) You read on a regular basis that passengers have been struck down by one bug or anotherand get charged all kinds of money to be treated by the ships doctor.Is it that food is being served 24/7 and the kiitchen is'nt being scrubbed down twice a day like it was when we were at sea.
    I did some cruising on the Empress boats and I think after the dinner at night which finished about 9PM that was the end of the food for that day.The galley/kitchen was given a good "Scrub Down" and everything dumped or refridgerated.Why do people want food after this time?If you have just had a good dinner surely you should be satisfied for the night.I can understand some sandwiches being available whilst having a drink,but cold buffets in hot weather must be the worst place for Salmonella etc.
    The hygene and cleanleness is certainly not the same as we knew it.I have no wish to go cruising with the present day crewing of ships,food poisoning was never heard of in our days.
    I was Pantryman in PSNC my pantry was spotless as I was and I also made sure my Pantry Boy was.you could've ate out of the "Rosie"
    Regards.
    Jim.B..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Done a galley tour on a couple of cruise ships and all I can say is they were spotless. One of the problems today is the number on some of the ships. A bug gets on and spreads very quickly, not all passengers are hygine aware, and some of the ports visted leave a lot to be desired in the aresa of hygine. Passengers eat ashore and bring the sickness back with them. Bit like gatting Bali or Dheli belly.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Norovirus

For every time you hear about a ship having the norovirus on-board, you could find many more occurrences in hotels and especially hospitals. Around Christmas time there were quite a few hospitals in the Midlands area which were having to stop admissions due to the norovirus bug.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8