Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: saga Cruises

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default saga Cruises

I see in to days news that Saga Cruises are only available to those that have had vaccinations, and they will limit the number down to 800, which would be better i would think, i don't know what they are like as a company as i don't indulge in cruises, kt
    R689823

2. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Default Re: saga Cruises

If they are anything like there insurance group I will be giving them a miss.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    If they are anything like there insurance group I will be giving them a miss.
    Totally agree on that one Lewis, a lot of old people go to Saga, as they think they will get the best deal, nothing could be further from the truth.

5. Thanks Peter Drake thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Totally agree on that one Lewis, a lot of old people go to Saga, as they think they will get the best deal, nothing could be further from the truth.
    Same here, I speak from personal experience, look out for AGE UK and give them a miss, ripped my mother off for years before I took over her financial matters.

7. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

I am a butterfly as far as insurance goes. I am as loyal to them as they are to me. For the car I use LV,(this year) the house Admiral(this year). Life insurance cancelled that years ago once the family flew the nest and he had graduated Uni. Money is place to for the BBQ when the wife and I pop our clogs no plot required Carnlough harbour for the ashes will do nicely. Just think I can come in and out with the tide lol.
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 21st January 2021 at 02:02 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Same for me, i never accept their renewal quote until i have gone and got more quotes. One year my car was with M&S insurance, and then for several years the new quote went DOWN, so just accepted it, then in the last year they tried to bump it up by 18%, when i phoned them, i got the biggest load of bull shine you can imagine, a load of waffle about spot markets etc, so told him never again, and so now search myself. Even brokers take a tidy % commission
    R689823

Lewis McColl Guest

Having just returned from living in France in August I was given some strange online quotes. Anyway because I had not had UK insurance for about 8 years and the fact that they would not accept a foreign insurance NCB. I had to start from scratch again. LV came in a lot cheaper than most. £540, ouch but not really, as insurance in France is not exactly cheap, but included in French insurance is also there version of road tax. I was renting a house here until we found our new home here in Carnlough. So I had to make the dreaded phone call to advise a change of address. Well imagine my surprise when they refunded £48.00 to my account. I was expecting them to charge £25 for having to change my policy details. While I was on the phone I asked them to quote me for house insurance . A great quote until I was asked what kind of central heating I had. They could not quote because I have oil fired central heating, Explaining the boiler and the fuel tank were nowhere near the house made no difference. So it is now with Admiral, what is the problem with oil fired heating???

11. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes Keith Tindell, Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#7 They wanted to bump my insurance up because I lived 300 yards from the sea and was at risk of flooding, told them if I got flooded they wouldn't be in a position to pay out to anyone most every where as I live 300 feet above sea level. Common sense escapes them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Similar to my M&D when i moved them over to the Island, they got a house insurance quote, and the women on the phone told her Shanklin was carrying excess because of land slippage into the sea. Our insurance quotes going on Post codes goes up as you get nearer the channel, this information frightened my elderly mother to death, even though she lived at the top of a large hill in Shanklin, she was only placated when i pointed to the church way down the bottom of the hill, and told her, when she sees the church falling down she can start to worry, the church has been there 200 years. lol
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We live about 40 meters above sea level here in Sunbury.
    Told the insurance company that if I was flooded then the airport would be under about 30 meters of water.
    They took that bit off our insurance.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast