Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruby princess

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Ruby princess

I see it has been reported that the RUBY PRINCESS berthed in Sydney with 158 passengers logged as been reported sick, but Master told Sydney Port Authority no sickness on board.
    She then sailed from Sydney with 2700 new passengers having disembarked the sick ones.
    If true, Master should be in solitary for a long period, and possibly ban Princess cruises from Australia.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ruby princess

It makes one wonder. These ships have doctors on board also . They should also be signing the medical paperwork required for normal quarantine officers. Are they also brain washed into the company’s way of thinking. ?
    JS

3. Thanks Doc Vernon, Terry Sullivan thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#1... Colin I am not up on changes to the international flag hoists and signals but reference to the quarantine flag it’s meaning originally was a statement that said “ my vessel is healthy , and I request free Pratigue “, it was a statement of fact in itself . Today maybe the wording may be different I don’t know,
    The same as the original A flag signified “ I am undergoing a speed trial “ now it means Or did, “ I have divers Down etc etc. “.The original statement of the Q flag could be assumed also was a statement from the master, but as every ship flew that flag coming in from a foreign port,it was not taken on the masters say so , and was the port medical officer who cleared the ship or not. The Q flag only came down on his say so, if no clearance there was always no one allowed ashore. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 23rd March 2020 at 05:35 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My way of thinking and knowing our state government that if one went through the names of the passengers that disembarked that there would be one connected to someone within the system that allowed them to disembark. I know it sounds illogical but those in power do some real strange things just because they think that they can.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If that is true Les, then heads should roll. However it could be a report by the media who know little of the protocol of a ship entering a port from a foreign port . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 23rd March 2020 at 08:01 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As far as I am aware she was not allowed to let any off.
    But all we have is the various media reports, all of which one may say are at the best of time a load of crap.
    Last viewing she was still in port.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Terry Sullivan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I read Today that the Ruby Princess had a fatality to the Corona Virus,taking the death toll to 8 now in Australia.
    I know its terrible and am not forgetting these deaths at all, but for the Size and Population thus far we are doing a lot better than many other Countries, but let us all hope that Worlwide there will be a decrease in Deaths soon, i see China is now seemingly on the downward scale and have not had as many cases as before but still very high on the list with of course Italy now being the worst hit!
    Let us pray for all those Souls lost.
    Sincerely
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

10. Thanks Brett Hayes thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

As far as news here tells: On Thursday, the Ruby Princess cruise ship docked in Sydney harbour after an 11-day round trip to New Zealand.

Despite the ship previously logging 158 cases of illness on an earlier voyage, all 2,700 passengers on board were allowed to disembark at Sydney’s Circular Quay.

K.

Added: Apparently, the coronavirus-infected Ruby Princess passenger was allowed to leave without even a temperature check and take a SIX-HOUR train trip through NSW - putting THOUSANDS at risk of infection.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 24th March 2020 at 07:14 AM.

12. Thanks Doc Vernon, Terry Sullivan thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    I read Today that the Ruby Princess had a fatality to the Corona Virus,taking the death toll to 8 now in Australia.
    I know its terrible and am not forgetting these deaths at all, but for the Size and Population thus far we are doing a lot better than many other Countries, but let us all hope that Worlwide there will be a decrease in Deaths soon, i see China is now seemingly on the downward scale and have not had as many cases as before but still very high on the list with of course Italy now being the worst hit!
    Let us pray for all those Souls lost.
    Sincerely

Yes Vernon, announced on the news here an hour ago about that death.

Also an MSC ship stuck with no where to go, last seen off coast of WA.
    Freeo regulations say no one off, most are from the EU region so maybe sail back there and drop them off.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Pos this one ?

The Magnifica was off the coast of Walpole, in south-west Western Australia, on Monday.

Added: The Western Australian government confirmed late Monday that the cruise ship Magnifica, which is due to arrive at Fremantle at 5am, would be in port to refuel only and that no passengers or crew would disembark.

Last edited by Doc Vernon; 24th March 2020 at 06:49 AM.

16. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast