Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess cruises cancelled

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Princess cruises cancelled

I see on the news today that Princess cruises have voluntarily suspended 18 cruise ships for 2 months, until things become more clear. I think that the cruise ships are going to take a hard hit generally with the virus, plus airlines in general. kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Princess cruises cancelled

To be honest Keith anybody going on a cruise ship now wants their head examining. They either have a screw loose or a death wish. The ships are a floating epidemic on their own. It only takes one passenger or crew member to come aboard seemingly symptom-less but carrying the virus to infect the lot of them. Also we have discussed the hygiene habits of some cruise passengers before and I do not think that use of hand gels or soap to wash their hands is high on their list of priorities so keeping the ship virus free would be practically impossible.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well I guess I must have a screw loose or something.
    I am off in five days, next Wednesday, to San Diego to join a cruise ship.
    It is the OOSTERDAM of Holland America, not one of those big giant boxes.

Holland America told us that we will be medically examined before being allowed to board..
    So if everyone is clear then it is safer than being on shore.
    We are bound for the South Pacific Islands so far they are all clear.
    My friends in Tahiti say everything is OK there.

No worse than the old days going to West Africa on an Elder Dempster or Palm boats , with Black Water Fever, ,malaria, cholera, small pox, Yellow Fever, and lots of Social Diseases off the young ladies there, We survived.
    If the Virus gets us , we took our chances, so at 85 I cannot complain after all my life at sea dodging all those other diseases.
    I still want adventures, I refuse to be a recluse. it is not in my nature to be one.
    Cheers
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well I have to say Brian you are a very brave man under the circumstances - I wish you and your good lady a Happy and Safe and illness free trip.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In the USA , 36,000 People die of influenza, every year, 15,000 people die from Guns.
    so the Virus is Nothing. so I have more chance of being shot.
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Are you referring to the ones that fire bullets Brian or the other sort. If other sort always said penicillin had seen its day. Cheers have a good trip. JS

Keith at Tregenna Guest

#2: Press release
    Over-70s and at-risk Brits advised against travelling on cruise ships

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/o...n-cruise-ships

8. Thanks Doc Vernon, Chris Allman thanked for this post
    Likes Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian, my sentiments are with you.
    The danger on a ship is little different from day to day life ashore.
    Yes you can get Noro Virus, another member of the Virus family, but you can also get that shore.
    The Flu season will soon happen here in Oz and if like previous years there will be about 1,000 deaths from it, much higher per head of population than the virus.

The main problem as I see it is there are too many so called experts out there, mainly in the media, where the best info comes, certainly here in Oz, from the nations chief health officer.

As he tells it, just take care, wash your hands regularly as it is a contact virus not air borne, and if feeling unwell get assistance as soon as possible.

Enjoy the cruise Brian and Ann, will be thinking of you and looking forward to ours in July.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 13th March 2020 at 05:22 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Thanks Doc Vernon, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allman View Post
    To be honest Keith anybody going on a cruise ship now wants their head examining. They either have a screw loose or a death wish. The ships are a floating epidemic on their own. It only takes one passenger or crew member to come aboard seemingly symptom-less but carrying the virus to infect the lot of them. Also we have discussed the hygiene habits of some cruise passengers before and I do not think that use of hand gels or soap to wash their hands is high on their list of priorities so keeping the ship virus free would be practically impossible.

Apologies if proved wrong but, I have to totally agree with Chris.

Anyone going anywhere now or soon, touch wood - enjoy, hopefully you can update on all on return.

K.

12. Thanks Doc Vernon, Chris Allman thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With the Corona Virus at the level it is at this time , i do realise that there are many who had made Plans early before it became so bad, and can to a point understand all this .
    However to me i think just Common Sense must now prevail with all of us and take a step back to think positively.
    Yes i also agree with what is said about going about our daily lives, but to a certain degree, yes there are many other things that Kill us mere Humans off, but why then must we go out and look for it?
    Here in Aussie like many other Countries,there is now going to be a Total ban on many things like Sport etc, the Annual Easter Show something that has been going for over a Hundred Years is now cancelled, Cricket and other such Sports are still going ahead but from Monday will be played with no specTators at all.
    The current Aus/NZ ODI is being played at the Cricket Ground to a total empty Stadium.
    So in all i too have to agree with Chris ,that this is now officially been declared a Pandemic and as such we should one and all take evert caution we can,to try and help the control of this , and the only way at this time is to try and not be inter active with other People,which gives a chance of the spread not getting worse. It it already so bad, why try and make it worse ??
    Now not getting at anyone in particular just making my point which i think is logical! ??
    Cheers

Stay Well and safe everyone ,we will beat this ,will take time i know but like other things that have happened in life we seem to come out on top in the end!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast