Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lunch with the staff captain.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Lunch with the staff captain.

And some think unions aren’t necessary. JS

2. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes Jim Brady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    It is indeed ten month on and two months off with no leave pay.

But with Princess the crew get a paid flight home, know if they are returning to the company for next contract on which ship it will be and their return air fair is paid.
    Princess is the only company to pay air fair both ways, all the others just one way.

No Rob, no one carries plates now, all done with a tray and plate rings, and using two hands, we had to do it using one.
    We had to carry as many as ten on a tray with UCL, now the most any carry is 8.

No one is allowed to carry any without the use of a tray now so not sure if any can carry on the arm.
    The first time I ever saw it on the pendennis Castle I just couldn't work out how the guy could carry all those plates at one arm to my mind it was a creative art form and I never saw anybody spill anything that to my mind was a high level of skill presumably designed to get service over as quick as possible
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

4. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

While on holiday recently, had one person bringing food to the table, could not call them a waiter, and I told them of the performance of some ship's waiter/stewards working on a ship before stabilisers and they looked like they thought I was having illusions.

6. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    It is indeed ten month on and two months off with no leave pay.

But with Princess the crew get a paid flight home, know if they are returning to the company for next contract on which ship it will be and their return air fair is paid.
    Princess is the only company to pay air fair both ways, all the others just one way.

No Rob, no one carries plates now, all done with a tray and plate rings, and using two hands, we had to do it using one.
    We had to carry as many as ten on a tray with UCL, now the most any carry is 8.

No one is allowed to carry any without the use of a tray now so not sure if any can carry on the arm.
    Recently returned from a very happy and successful cruise on MSC during which time we made lasting friendships with a few of the crew - Philippine, S.African and Jamaican. All had several and up to twelve years service with the company. 9/10 months on board. Flights paid BOTH ways and always a job to return to on any company vessel if their service record was acceptable. Not one complaint but two had previous service (and their friends) with other companies and that was a different story!!!! Also out of interest, observed quite a lot of arm plate carrying in the restaurant at every meal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2