Likes (Received)

Default Re: Passport Control.

What ship Terry ??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just came back of the Arcadia world cruise I had free insurance from my bank.they covered me for 60 days had to pay £300 to top it up.coming through Panama Canal brought a lot of memories back,like saving the crust of bread for the donkeys,I was 16 and a bit green.on the Athelstan Templar
    Rob

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Robert, I just did the world cruise on Holland America`s AMSTERDAM `60 days, from Miami to Hong Kong. Great. I think HAL is the best Company for its itineraries. and the ships are not too big.
    My insurance was through the bank, went up this year as I am 81 and had two cancer ops last year. But better than any other Insurance company. some will not insure at all if over 69. and it is still cheap even tho` I cost them $88,000 3 years ago,for operations in Hawaii./
    Cheers
    Brian.

4. Likes happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We got back yesterday morning from a ten night cruise on the " Pacific Pearl ". The re-entry to New Zealand was done onboard by the " Ministry of Primary Industries " Their task is to protect the countries agricultural industries from foreign plants ,seeds, organic material getting into the country and becoming a danger to the farming industries. We had two officers on board and although they tried to organize an appointment system it still took well over an hour to be vetted, one old guy in front of me was in so much pain he was crying and yet was told to get back into line and wait his turn, this despite the fact that we were in a passenger area where plenty of arm chairs were available and these two MPI persons could have operated an appointment system and called people up to the desk as required. But no, make them wait!! This is exactly what happens at the Airports as well. The annoying thing was we had to go through passport control once off the ship and on-shore. So beware !! Regards Peter in NZ.

6. Thanks Captain Kong, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Slightly off thread, but I was getting some quotes for worldwide travel insurance on the Internet, and almost every one asked if you intended ski ing, the reason for that is obvious, but the other question was cruising, and if you did extra premium applied. I believe this is caused by the upsurge of charges made on cruise boats for any medical conditions, including the treatment required for noro virus. One of the Queens was refused entry to Jordon , I think, only last week. Last year a friend of mine slipped in his cabin and had to be taken to the ships doctor on a stretcher, cost of that £110 !!, so up goes the insurance, kt
    Hi Keith.
    That skiing question might have been after the film Eddie the Eagle came out.
    Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter F Chard View Post
    We got back yesterday morning from a ten night cruise on the " Pacific Pearl ". The re-entry to New Zealand was done onboard by the " Ministry of Primary Industries " Their task is to protect the countries agricultural industries from foreign plants ,seeds, organic material getting into the country and becoming a danger to the farming industries. We had two officers on board and although they tried to organize an appointment system it still took well over an hour to be vetted, one old guy in front of me was in so much pain he was crying and yet was told to get back into line and wait his turn, this despite the fact that we were in a passenger area where plenty of arm chairs were available and these two MPI persons could have operated an appointment system and called people up to the desk as required. But no, make them wait!! This is exactly what happens at the Airports as well. The annoying thing was we had to go through passport control once off the ship and on-shore. So beware !! Regards Peter in NZ.

Interesting comments Peter. Four times to NZ and never had any problems going ashore. Only requirement was photo identity on re-entering the port area.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Thanks Captain Kong, Peter F Chard thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The same here in February ,arrival first port Bay of Islands. no one checked.
    Brian

11. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    As BRian tells it there is a different rule for just about every country. In Cambodia, Indonesia and Vietnam a visa is required even if you do not go ashore. They are added to your passport by the ship and you only get a shore pass for Vietnam others just go ashore. There is of course a charge for the visa. Most countries do not require much from cruise line passengers though the ship has to lodge details of all passengers including country of origin. Only time most have to show passport is when boarding the ship at the beginning of a cruise.
    But visa is not required for vietnam I think for short duration ashore travel.My bro had a voyage there without visa required..But i have no idea this time may be they have changed their rules and all..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3