Thread: Building from Disaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Building from Disaster

TV Guide
    This was on last night. It showed how Naval Architects have learnt from previous maritime disasters to make ships safer. It featured.
    Scandinavian Star.... Fitting of sprinkler systems, fire doors and the use of non toxic and inflammable coatings (Arson was suspected here)
    Estonia.... Ending the use of bow visor doors
    Herald of Free Enterprise.....Self draining car decks
    It showed the building of the "Ruby Princess" and featured the Stena Line ferry Endeavour and the HSS that operates out of Holyhead.
    The program shows how hull form makes for a safer ship counteracting any free surface effect, how the use of sensors, cctv and alarm systems make for safer ships. It also featured Ulsteins X bow, which is totally different from anything that has been built previously. Looks weird but is very effective.
    Hope the link works.
    rgds JA
    p.s now using windows 8.1 and I.E. but when I click on the link icon no drop down appears so I just pasted the web address directly into the post.

2. Thanks Captain Kong, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Peter F Chard liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Building from Disaster

Just tested the link and it takes you to Discovery Science T.V. guide. On my computer the program you want is listed on 4th July at 00:00 subtitled "Ships" in the Built from Disaster section.
    rgds
    JA

4. Likes Jim Brady liked this post