Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: QUEEN MARY 2 SICKNESS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default neville

Your right Ivan , though I think it may have been all the shots we got before we went to various places . yellow fever, black water fever . malaria, and many more .vacinations ,and of course the vd kits helped somewhat .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

yes Nevil TB+VD two butes and a vertical danglerjp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default neville

I think a lot of sickness is due to to many people in one place and recycled air , a lot of times you will feel sick after a long flight cooped up with people from all over .I wonder what it would be like too have an outbreak of the black plague that wiped out millions . man tends to think that he is the ruler on this earth with all the gains in technology . maybe one day the earth will just shake us all off like so many flea,s ,and start all over.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Vomiting and other bugs

Hi Neville,
    Your last remark hit the spot ! Man is indeed on borrowed time and the least likely to survive a major pandemic. I remember Ray Mears on a discussion panel talking about saving the planet. He said " we can forget saving the planet....she will look after herself. We need to start thinking about saving mankind !
    Cheers
    Kevin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think Ivan #10 is about right we are fare to clean in to-days world. Sanatized cleaning materials etc, we now have at least one bath or shower a day, and do our kids get to play on the old rubbish tips or the like. All the unhealthy things we once did are now all but gone. and now our immune systems are being lowered becouse of it, and as someone else said many virouses that were once erradicated, are now being re-intreduced via imigration.
    George
    in Southampton

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Emerald Princess of Princess Cruises has over 200 cases on board now.
    Tony Wilding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Food

As regards food for children nowadays. My younger relations offspring are to my mind mamby pambies. I used to love and still do bread and dripping with plenty of salt. The parents of the kids nowadays would have a heart attack if they thought their kids were eating such. Drinking water on ships in our days was not too good either, however I believe the body builds up a resistance over time, which some of the younger generation are never going to get. Will grow up to be weedies. Cheers John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Sickness

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    As regards food for children nowadays. My younger relations offspring are to my mind mamby pambies. I used to love and still do bread and dripping with plenty of salt. The parents of the kids nowadays would have a heart attack if they thought their kids were eating such. Drinking water on ships in our days was not too good either, however I believe the body builds up a resistance over time, which some of the younger generation are never going to get. Will grow up to be weedies. Cheers John Sabourn
    Remember cement washing many FW Drinking Tanks on ships, perhaps the cement content gave a ferrocrete lining to our stomachs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Queen Mary 2 sickness

As kids we used to swim in the Leeds/Liverpool canal.There were different factories pumping all kinds of toxins into it,a number of tanneries and a lead works to name a few,plus a few dead dogs thrown in for good measure.One part of it a factory must've used the canal for its cooling system hot water was pumped into the canal so this part was known to the kids as the "scaldie" they could even swim in that part in the winter because the water was warm.What was the saying years ago,grandmothers used to say "You will never be healthy until you have eaten a bucket of shlt" something on those lines and thats how we built up our own antibiotics.
    Regards,
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Sickness

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Brady View Post
    As kids we used to swim in the Leeds/Liverpool canal.There were different factories pumping all kinds of toxins into it,a number of tanneries and a lead works to name a few,plus a few dead dogs thrown in for good measure.One part of it a factory must've used the canal for its cooling system hot water was pumped into the canal so this part was known to the kids as the "scaldie" they could even swim in that part in the winter because the water was warm.What was the saying years ago,grandmothers used to say "You will never be healthy until you have eaten a bucket of shlt" something on those lines and thats how we built up our own antibiotics.
    Regards,
    Jim.B.
    Sailed with a few cooks who followed that maxim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2