Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: undercover cruise

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default undercover cruise

For the guys in the UK, on channel 4 tonight at 2000hr is a programe with an undercover reporter as a passenger, and another undercover reporter working as a waiter, should make interesting viewing, regards KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default undercover cruise

Thanks for the heads up keith might be interesting to watch.cheers dennis

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

nothing but slave labour no wonder the companies are making millions next to no wages paid to crew disgusting and they are getting away with it.jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

that is what we spent years trying to avoid , the business is so international they have virtually no governing body , That is one good reason I do not cruise
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

you would make more in prison?jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Thanks Keith

I don't think I am interested in Cruising, there was a time but now "No Thanks" the last time I was ashore in Gib I was one of four going ashore that afternoon, now its going ashore with three 3,000!

Regards all

Steve

R770014

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

it dos shine a new light on the hardship of the other side of the high life your not only paid sh.te but some of the toffs treat you like it?no cruising for me ever????jp

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cant wait to hear what they have to say, especially the one working on board. should make interesting reading, hardly anything seems to be known of conditions or work practices, can only repeat what my brother tells me , said they dont talk much about conditions, he did say they move the crew around a lot, maybe one day your barman, then another day a waiter, he only cruises with the Company that has ships called Independance of the Seas and similar, he did say on the days a run ashore is happening, the stairways are chaotic, people going up and coming down at the same time, these are escape routes in an emergency, if its chaotic under normal conditions, imagine a disaster,
    Tony Wilding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Wilding View Post
    Cant wait to hear what they have to say, especially the one working on board. should make interesting reading, hardly anything seems to be known of conditions or work practices, can only repeat what my brother tells me , said they dont talk much about conditions, he did say they move the crew around a lot, maybe one day your barman, then another day a waiter, he only cruises with the Company that has ships called Independance of the Seas and similar, he did say on the days a run ashore is happening, the stairways are chaotic, people going up and coming down at the same time, these are escape routes in an emergency, if its chaotic under normal conditions, imagine a disaster,
    I doubt we will get the prog here in Oz, but I am sure it would be of interest. Independence of the Seas is a Royal Caribbean compnay ship and they are one of the best when it comes to looking after crew. As for barman one day, winger the next, that is something I have never seen on any cruise ship. Admittedly some of the wingers do have to do breakfast or lunch in the self service but only because very few use the restaurants at that time, most only use them for dinner.
    As to wages and conditions, from what crew have told me, and from what I have seen of crew accomodation they do very well. Single cabins for many crew, double accomodation for married couples, far better than we ever had. But I can only speak of ships in the southern hemisphere, maybe things are different in Europe!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Undercover cruise.

After watching that show I think that I now have less interest in going on a cruise than I had before.To me parts of it seemed like being at an airport waiting to fly off somewhere and around the pool looked very claustrophobic.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast