Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Woman Overboard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Woman Overboard

Todays news.........
    I cannot see how people FALL overboard,the rails are high, the only way to go over the wall is to climb up and jump or be thrown over.
    Has anyone been on a Cruise Ship where someone has `fallen` over?
    I saw a man on the Empress of France vault over after running at it, we never found him, just his cap. in the Western Ocean, but just to fall is very very difficult.
    It is always sad to see anything like this.
    Brian.
    .Body found in cruise woman search
    (UKPA) – 5 hours ago
    The search for a British woman who fell overboard from a cruise ship in the Mediterranean was called off after rescuers recovered a body.

The passenger was reported missing on the Aurora as it sailed from Oporto to Barcelona on Friday, P&O Cruises said.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 30th September 2012 at 08:36 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Exclamation Woman over board

Hi Brian

I too find it hard to believe a woman could just fall overboard on a cruise ship.
    On the cruises Ken and I went on I could not see see me falling overboard
    unless he helped lift me up hahaha; as the railings on our ships came up to just under my
    'boobs' can I say that on here??? so I could never imagine me falling overboard.
    Like you I am puzzled. Look forward to other posts maybe telling us how it could happen.

Thanks for an interesting item.
    Hope you and the family are fine and keeping well.
    Take care.
    Fond wishes
    Tiger Jean x
    Tiger1 H.S.O.D. R25968

Ken R543609

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sadly, the only question is...

Did she fall or was she pushed.

John Albert Evans

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default CRUISE

Last year when my wife and i did a cruise on the Balmoral to norway.(fred olsen line)
    We were walking around the accomadation on the foredeck,when the wind
    got behind her,and made her go faster than she wanted too.as luck would have
    it she managed to grab an upright,just as i got to her.
    We thought afterwards,if she had been of a smaller build,the wind might have
    lifted her up and over the railings.our thoughts.

mike
    Gallery Manager and Friend of the Website

R 693816

Please visit the Gallery to see the latest photos

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Aurora Loss:

Body of British woman who fell overboard from Med cruise ship recovered from sea:

THE body of a British woman who fell overboard from a cruise liner was recovered from the sea off the coast of Spain last night.

The unnamed female passenger, believed to be aged 72, was spotted by the crew of the Aurora, which was sailing from La Coruna to Barcelona, according to sources at P&O Cruises.

Read more: Body of British woman recovered after she fell overboard on P&O Cruise liner Aurora | Mail Online

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On the Cherbourg - Portsmouth return leg of a journey many years ago , in School Trip season , I walked up the aft stairway to the Boat deck where our accomadation was to be greeted by a fifteen year old schoolboy walking the handeails like a tightrope walkjer , half drunk from booze he had got someone to buy him from the shop , I asked him to get down , he told me that a) it was non of my F*****G businee=ss what he did , and b) to F**k off , so I assisted him back to the deck and dragged him to the bar where his teachers were having a coming home party , only to be told bythe teacher in charge that I should not have manhandled teh innocent little lad . Hey it is a ferry , I am due indoors by eight o'clock , but decided that drink and ships , unless you were a ships crewman were incompatable , those were the pre Herald of Free Enterprise days , and drink was cheap . When ever I hear of a man overboard , my mind goes into suspicious mode about the alchohol levels of those concerned .
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Woman overboard

[QUOTE=Captain Kong;103962]Todays news.........
    I cannot see how people FALL overboard,the rails are high, the only way to go over the wall is to climb up and jump or be thrown over.

Aaargh Cap'n ! I think that we tend to look at impossibilities as a seaman, because with have that ability built into us to counteract being thrown off balance or getting momentum when the ship rolls or pitches, Whereas our cousin landlubbers do not seem to have that ability, you only have to watch them on what we consider a calm channel crossing (or even crossing on the ferry across Torbay), the slighest movement of the deck and these people are all over the place and grasping for some kind of support. I can easily imagine some frail 70+ year old being midships on the after deck walking towards the port side and the ship takes a roll to port and the poor old dear gathering momentum railwards, and even if her centre of gravity was below rail height then her momentum may have carried her over, just conjecture but perhaps a possible scenario.

Just back from the good ole US of A !, took two hours to get through immigration in Vegas, realy pppp's you off after an eleven hour flight

Nice to be back

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Welcome home Ivan, now tell us about the young and not so young ladies over there.
    Hope the trip was worth it.
    I may be going over there next year.
    Cheers
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Women Overboard

We had two soldiers lost overboard on the Duchess of Bedford it happened in the Indian Ocean a coupleof days out of Durbin not seen again

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It was not disclosed if the passenger in question was on a cruise now pay later scheme. Another scenario is she was stuck on a table with a lot of ex stewards and the only solution was to jump ship rather than hear another OTT sea story LOL. We also lost a passenger on the Port Victor and it really screwed up our first few weeks in NZ. The girls all thought we had done her in according to the local papers. Also have seen many seaman jump ship over the years to.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast