Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Independence of the Seas

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Smile Cruses

Someone came up with a good idea to get spirets on bord he said get 2 or 3 plastic water bottles fill it with Bacarde and but your coke on bord BACARDE AND COKE>
    Wiggy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bennett View Post
    Someone came up with a good idea to get spirets on bord he said get 2 or 3 plastic water bottles fill it with Bacarde and but your coke on bord BACARDE AND COKE>
    Wiggy
    Yes Mike you may be able to get the spirit aboard but I have yet to see a cruise ship that sells bottles of mixers, all they have is post mix.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Tony,
    They keep your bottle until you are paying off at the end of the trip then they give it back to you.
    On the Rotterdam this year My bottle was taken off me in Hawaii and I told them it was a gift to my friends in Tahiti, the day before we arrived in Tahit I got the 2 ltre bottle of Gin back, I didnt give it to my friends I kept it and then supped it during the voyage,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default A long way from "Independance"

P&O don`t take your booze,but "reserve the right to confiscate alchohol,it is not our intention to invoke ,only when health,comfort,safety any enjoyment of passengers may be compromised". Paraprased fom thier brochure I haven`t tried it yet.
    The best experience I`ve had with regard to cruise staff was Saga Ruby (ex CORONIA), unfortunately the ship is nackered,otherwise a great product.

All the best

Derek Smith

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Derek A Smith View Post
    P&O don`t take your booze,but "reserve the right to confiscate alchohol,it is not our intention to invoke ,only when health,comfort,safety any enjoyment of passengers may be compromised". Paraprased fom thier brochure I haven`t tried it yet.
    The best experience I`ve had with regard to cruise staff was Saga Ruby (ex CORONIA), unfortunately the ship is nackered,otherwise a great product.

All the best

Derek Smith
    P&O Australia will take even the smell of it off you if you try to bring any on board. The only company I know of that will allow you to take grog onboard is Princess. With them you can take one bottle of wine each at point of embarkation.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, Thought Princess was P&O?
    Den.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis McGuckin View Post
    John, Thought Princess was P&O?
    Den.
    No mate two separate companies both under the overall Carnival banner. Some confusion as names on some get mixed up. P&O have a Paciffic Dawn and Princess have a Dawn Princess. Sun Princess and Paciffic Sun, get confusing dont it?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks John.
    Only did one cruise years back on the Regal Princess.
    The head barman was an old shipmate from the Iberia.
    If you are going to meet an old mate, he may as well be in charge of the booze.
    I was well looked after.
    Den.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Independence Of The Seas

Greetings one & all,
    I have read all the postings regarding the above thread and you have now got me wondering what to do for the best because we have a cruise booked for our 50th wedding anniversary in October.
    It is a P & O cruise ship the "Ventura" joining in Sothampton to cruise the Carribean really looking forward to it but after reading all the posts about taking booze aboard which we intended doing because there is nothing nicer than relaxing in your cabin and having a pre dinner drink before your evening meal, the question we now ask is do we take any booze with us.
    We have been told that they will only search your hand baggage not your main cases in which we were going to put in plastic bottles full of our favourite tipples, just wondering if this is true or not.
    Another thing that concerns me is it appears you are told as to what tips you give to each individual, in my opinion we should not be told what to give, we tip where ever we go but only if the service warrants it, we shouldn't be told what to give.
    I think these crew members must think that we are all millionaires.
    So any other info or ideas will be greatly appreciated.
    best wishes to one & all
    John Aspin (R685343) Ormesby- Middlesbrough

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, with most companies now your suitcase will be X-rayed before it goes on board. We tried to take an iron on board one and they found it in the x-ray. we had to hand it over and got it back when we left. Plastic bottles may not show but the manner in which some luggage is handled would make me think twice about putting such things inside. You can get cabin service at no extra charge if you want a drink in there.
    as for tips, that is a bit of a dogs breakfast. Here in Oz tipping is not part of the culture and as a result all Princess cruise now leave it up to the individual as to how they tip. Most companies have a policy in one form or another. Some add the tips to the fare, others have a recommended daily rate which you are encouraged to pay on the last night. But will all companies you have the Right to refuse and with some you will be required to sign a waiver to this end. Not sure about P&O in Europe but here they as for $3.5 per person per day for wingers and BR's. But you can as i did refuse to pay, choosing to pay how I wanted to. I have heard of a revolt on a European P&O cruise about this where the bloods, mainly British, challenged the purser to explain why they had to pay. He backed off and no tips were enforced.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast