Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Independence of the Seas

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    montys is a twenty four hour pub now brian you could just stay there
    I would consider that Clancy, unfortunately I have Anne and her friend a widow in her 70s, her husband died a few months ago, with me.
    I would have been happy on my own there.

I dont drive in Sydney John. Too many drinking temptations, I dont mind driving across to W.A. or up to Alice but not in the City.
    I will carry on looking, got to keep two old ladies happy.
    I wish they were 21 year old Swedish Nurses.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    I would consider that Clancy, unfortunately I have Anne and her friend a widow in her 70s, her husband died a few months ago, with me.
    I would have been happy on my own there.

I dont drive in Sydney John. Too many drinking temptations, I dont mind driving across to W.A. or up to Alice but not in the City.
    I will carry on looking, got to keep two old ladies happy.
    I wish they were 21 year old Swedish Nurses.
    Taxi from Glebe to circular quay is now about 12 dollars.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Smile Crusing

My wife and I fly out from Melbourne in 2 Months time for a 14 Med Cruse on a MSC Cruse ship. I hope we like it we are then Flying into London for a PWSTS reunion then The March at Tower Hill. Any pit falls we should look out for on our Cruse.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A lot of Cruise Lines will not allow you to take a Bottle of grog on board. A couple of months ago I bought a bottle of Gin in Hawaii and it was confiscated at the gangway search.
    I dont know anything about MSC ships. but the Carnival owned ships dont allow you to bring any drink on board.
    Why they can do this I strongly object to. I enjoy a tot at the end of the day, just had a shower, dressing gown on and relaxing for half an hour before dressing dinner.
    I go onto the QUEEN MARY in Long Beach quite a lot, Twice this year, a ship, just the same as any other ship, they do not search my baggage for liqour so why do the cruise lines do it?.
    They want you to spend your money in the bar. with a 15% tip included in the price.

Dont get a cabin underneath the Promenade deck. At 5am all the keep fit loonies go galloping around like a herd of wilderbeasts stampeding overhead. After a late night with a few drinks , very annoying being woken after a couple of hours sleep. I was up on deck at 5.30am hurling abuse at them last trip on the Rotterdam.

Last night I booked another four days on the worlds best ship in January, The Queen Mary again.before I join the Queen Elizabeth in San Francisco in February.
    Superb accommodation , superb restaurants and a superb Observation Bar. The whole ship is one fascinating maritime museum. I am paying $109 US a night, around £66 in a beautiful art decor room with the original wood panelling.
    She got new owners a couple of years ago and the difference is amazing. In March/April she was shining like a new ship.
    If the wife doesnt like cruising, the Queen Mary is ideal she doesnt go anywhere, so she cannot get sea sick.
    Well worth a visit, better than any cruise ship.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 10th June 2011 at 03:24 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do not bring grog on board says the sign on every cruise ship when you join. But with Princess Cruises, certainly here in Oz, you are allowed to take one bottle of wine per adult on board in port of embarkation. There is no restriction on size as we took two two liter bottles with us. If you buy a bottle in a port of call you are allowed to take it to the restaurant to have with your meal but there is a $15 corkage charge.
    Most cabins are O.K. but inboard, though much cheaper, are not my choice. Wake up and never know if it is day or night, and some of the balcony suites are a bit of a con as the cabin can be a lot smaller than a standard one as part of it is used to accommodate the balcony.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Cruse

Last year my wife and i went to Canada and done a Cruse on Holland Amercar line up the inside passage ( dont be dirty?) We were told no spirts on board BUT MY COACH CAPTIN TOLD US UNDER HER BREATH TAKE THE BAR CODE LABELS OFF AND YOU WILL GET THROUGH GUSS WHAT WE DID AND GUSS WHAT WE HAD 2 BOTTLES OF WHISKEY ON BOARD >
    Wiggy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When they found my bottle of Gin on the ROTTERDAM it was a hand search through my bags,
    but if it is an Xray search that is a good tip. the bar codes must have some kind of metal of electronics in them.
    I go in hotels world wide and on the Queen Mary and never ever get searched, what gives these ship owners the right to search my bags for grog. The passengers should revolt. When I had my Gin confiscated last March, thirty days on the Rotterdam I never bought one glass of anything in the bar or Restaurant. my bar bill NIL. Their loss.no profits, no tips. I had a few drinks in the ports we called at ashore every few days instead.
    If every passenger did the same then their bars would close. They would not like that.
    Cheers
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default M.S.C. Poesia

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bennett View Post
    My wife and I fly out from Melbourne in 2 Months time for a 14 Med Cruse on a MSC Cruse ship. I hope we like it we are then Flying into London for a PWSTS reunion then The March at Tower Hill. Any pit falls we should look out for on our Cruse.
    Hi Michael. My wife and I sailed a Trans Alantic cruise last yoear on the M.S.C. Poesia. It was a lovely ship, prices are a bit high for grog, and beware of the gratuietes, they tried to charge us $20.00. each a day, until all of the passengers rebelled against it and got it wiped of our bill, ( another way of us paying the crews wages ). The ship was great and the service staff were very good, shame it was Italian. Take care and have a great cruise........ Terry and Rita.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for that Terry, I will watch my grog intake/.
    Do you live in Aus/ Oh I see you live In Folkstone Was that 20 Pound oR $

Michael (Wiggy)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi lads. never been on a cruise, can't afford it. do you have to pay in advance or can you pay on joining?. i know that sounds daft but i personally would refuse to sail and demand any money back. you are supposed to be a customer and i cannot believe you would allow someone to remove your personal belongings ie. bottles of drink, your property. i can understand a search for terrorist reasons but nothing else. if you all did it they would soon give in, or else sail half empty. alf
    Backsheesh runs the World
    people talking about you is none of your business
    R397928

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast