Thread: Carl Davidson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Carl Davidson

For those who may know , passed away a few days ago . Attended South Shields marine school 1952/53 . Apprenticed to Moor Line , served on Cragmoor 53 to 57 . Also his daughter passed away within days of same . Condolences to his wife Sylvia who looked after him for so many years . Christmases aren’t always merry for some . Carl lived in Seaton Delavel. , Always used to pop in and see him when in UK. JS
    R575129

2. Thanks Doc Vernon, cappy, Ivan Cloherty thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Carl Davidson

Sad News on near Xmas JS, and especially his Daughter too, that is terrible.

Condolences to the Family left behind. May they both rest in Peace now!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

4. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Morning john sad news for the runciman apprentices family .....i joined the cragmoor in shields in 57 we signed on.16 ..12 ..57....we left the tyne on 19 dec bound for curacao canada and oz .....but put into london for some engine prob ....but sailed again on the christmas eve .....old roberts was the old man can remember the mate and 3rd mate but the second mate was a great guy from jersey called Downer I PLAGUED HIM ABOUT NAVIGATION ....and he did have some time to explain....it was a memorable voyage ....most hands were from shields paid of in birkenhead july 58... old times good times sad times ....sad news .....cant remember names ......but he may not have been on the craggie at that time......all the best cappy R683532

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn, Graham Payne, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#3 He was there one time with Roberts but was probably before the end of of Sept. 57 as signed his indentures the same time as me. I was just told of one instant in Auckland of them playing football on the quay and the ball going in the harbour and of course Carl jumping in after it to retrieve.Roberts of course shouting and screaming to get out of, pointing to signs on the quay “ No dumping of Refuse “ and he would be responsible for any fines . The other apprentice who joined at the same time was Craig Walwyn who I went to school with , he only did the one trip and on return to. Liverpool I was told his father appeared and told Roberts he had permission to take him off the ship for a break .He never returned and the whole family emigrated to Canada . I was very upset as was very keen on Craig’s sister and she left no forwarding address.. Puppy love ? Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 24th December 2022 at 10:27 AM.
    R575129

8. Thanks cappy, Doc Vernon thanked for this post