Thread: Such sad News once again

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Such sad News once again

It is with great sadness that i have to inform all here that i only have heard Today of the sad loss of one of our long time Members Jeff Glasser!
    As i have not been on his Facebook page for some time ( I should have though) the reason that i only found out this sad News now!
    May he rest in Peace and his sails be filled with calm Winds to steer him to the places he so loved! Rest now Jeff!
    Condolences to all his immediate Family and good Friends!
    We will miss you!

'You Only Get One Go on The Roundabout' A Copy of his Book i have that he sent to me as a gift! Now a Treasure in my Chest!

YOU ONLY GET ONE GO ON THE ROUNDABOUT - Glasser, Jeff | 9781793066268 | Amazon.com.au | Books

From a Friend Annie Lee 20th August 2022
    We were very sad to hear the news today that our dear friend Jeff Glasser lost his fight with the lung disease that he had suffered with for the past number of years. He was probably the funniest man I knew, and took so much pleasure from people trading friendly insults with him on facebook. Before his illness he led an amazing life. He served in the Merchant Navy, was part owner of Dunkeswell airfield, painted cars, airoplanes and motorcycles, and 'writ' his own autobiography.

We only met Jeff a few years ago when he wrote a chapter in Keith's book about Dennis Priddle, telling the tales of how he painted several of Dennis' famous drag racing cars. We then helped him put his autobiography, 'You Only Get One Go on The Roundabout' into shape - I dealt with the words, and Keith with the layout and photos. It was a difficult task, as it was not easy to stop laughing whilst reading the manuscript - and not just because of the overload of commas!
    My thoughts are with Jeff's lovely wife 'Ro, and the rest of his family. You'll be greatly missed Jeff.
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 23rd November 2022 at 08:24 PM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Such sad News once again

Indeed, Vernon a very sad day.
    But one that will come to many on this site in time, getting younger does not work.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

3. Likes Graham Payne, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Very Sad news.

Jeff and I wrote a comedy story together many years ago, about two seamen, I dont think he published it.
    We lost contact a few years ago due to his ill health.
    RIP Jeff

Adious Amigo,
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

woked by with Jeff a on on few port line ships relieved on the port alfred when she came in from deep sea great guy will be sadly missed F Carson

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Graham Payne, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post