Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rlt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Rlt

Hello Claire
    So nice of you to get on site and post this , it was such a sad day for all hee who knew Terry and used to chat daily with him.
    Myself included Terry was to me a really good friend for many Years since we met back in 1980.

I am so sad that it is so far way, and that i cannot be there to say my Personal Farewell, but i know that he will understand .

I think was his one Relative Terrence Fairbrother that was my Second Stewrad on the Winchester Castle in those days, and me and Terry spoke so much of him and all the good days we had while at Sea.

Anyway Claire just to say i do hope that there will be amny there to say goodbye to terry, as i am sure there will be !
    You too take care now, stay strong , and know that he loved you dearly! He spoke of you to me on a few occasions as well.

Dont know if you ever got an Ecard i sent to Terry, as of course did not know then what had happened or where he was, but never did receive a reply, it was from a Company called Moonpig. Sent to his Email.

Take Care Claire and God go with Terry! "Star of the Sea" that was mine and his secret! Shhhhh!!!

Bye for now! and God Bless!
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 6th November 2022 at 05:56 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

well glad to see the family have contacted the site and duty done..jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

thanks for your help on that John
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

While this is a very sad day for so many we must remember Terry as he was.
    A very lovable Liverpool larakin loved by all who knew him.
    Great sense of humor and full of great stories.
    We may mis him but never forget him.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

no more la mons scooter races dodging the old ones by the shops the jokes and the wind ups from the locals this is a hole new way of life for me but i think back and the laughs we had the sleep overs of the kids the scouse nights with the football team slept over and they could eat them lads sorry i am hurting right now i ued to say i would throw myself in the canal but i cant swim many many a laugh when we came across each other wifes going ma because we were yapping they could not shop? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Pruden View Post
    no more la mons scooter races dodging the old ones by the shops the jokes and the wind ups from the locals this is a hole new way of life for me but i think back and the laughs we had the sleep overs of the kids the scouse nights with the football team slept over and they could eat them lads sorry i am hurting right now i ued to say i would throw myself in the canal but i cant swim many many a laugh when we came across each other wifes going ma because we were yapping they could not shop? jp
    Hi John, so saddened to hear about Terry's passing. I was told yesterday by an old neighbour yours Albie Wild whom I'd worked with in the Shoregangs. I found Terry to be a man of honesty and integrity and will be missed by everyone who had the pleasure of knowing him. RIP Terry. I'll be going to the funeral to pay my respects. Regards Peter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wanted to go to Terry`s Funeral on Thursday, but sadly I am unable to travel.
    I will be there in thoughts. at 2.15
    Adios Amigo, Terry.
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 8th November 2022 at 12:47 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

terrys funeral today 2.15 standing by the two oak doors plenty of people turned up and a few tears shed his coffin draped with the red ensign i tipped my hat as he went by so goodbye shipmate a very sad day..jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Back home at 19.00hrs from Terrys funeral. Had to stand in the foyer to the chapel as it the place was stowed off. The officiating vicar told me that they had a double slot as it was the last one of the day, which was just as well as that gave his son Ant enough time to give a very moving address about his and his siblings life, being brought up by his father and mother through often hard, but happy times. Some of his grandchildren had written some of their recollections about the fun they had with their grandad, very touching and it was obvious he was loved by all his family.
    Very sad day but worth the trip down.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Farewell dear shipmate may your final voyage be a safe one with fair winds and calm waters, take a look in the passy lounge your good lady wife will be waiting to join you on this voyage. RIP to you both and God go with you. Den

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast