Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rob page

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default rob page

dont know if it was knowledge on our site but i did get a e mail from the daughter of rob page to say he passed away ealier in the year .....rob was a very knowlegible ex mn engineer i believe mainly clan line .....sorry to be the bearer of this news if it was not known.......cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: rob page

Yes Cappy we did know and his informative posts are sadly missed, he is in calmer waters

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Yes Cappy we did know and his informative posts are sadly missed, he is in calmer waters
    ...he was one person who had no problem with a jar of pickled onions passed from one company tramp to the vessel i was in which unbelievably had little swimmers in the unopened jar .....all hands would not believe it till they saw the little bleeders swimming in the pickled onions ....of course the cry was wellits fresh meat .....but rob proved it was very much a possibilty.......that was a hains boat in 58.....cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sad news
    He had been a patient at my sons Hospital in Portsmouth a few times,
    RIP Rob
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#1.. Cappy like you I was not on the site when Rob died , but was told by a mutual friend later who supplied me with his daughters email address , so sent my belated condolences , which I was told were gratefully received. He is a big miss on this site as will be a large loss to his family. He was a very level headed man with morals who was always after the truth be it good or bad. he will still be missed sorely by many. regards John S
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

well john as you say he is surely a miss ...but i do no he was in trouble for a long time before his demise......as ivan ses he is in calmer waters now,,,,,regards cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I to was not aware of his passing very sad to hear, R I P Rob, One of the best Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A bit late in reply here but although i do recall poor Robs passing, i for the life of me cannot remember when it was, and i cannot find a Posting (Besides this Thread) telling of this happening.
    Would have thought that it would have been amongst the Crossed the Bar Threads!? Unless i am missing it somehow~
    But yes cappy it is sad news as so many others have gone from this great site, and will be sorely missed for their contributions. Folk like Alf, Lou, Jim, Sid and a few good others too. Not of course forgetting the great Reg Kear our mate and Poet of Wonderous Lines! I still have the Book he so kindly sent t me Free of his Poems ,a great keepsake.
    So with Respect may i once again say , you were all good Men on here with us, we enjoyed your Tales and Company, and are sad of the losses . May you one and ALL rest in peace and stay in calm Waters.
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 18th October 2020 at 10:54 PM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Cappy.
    Sorry to hear the sad news of Rob's passing, I used to look forward to his posts,sad realy as they say "Age Shall Not Weary Them." This post comes the day after I got news of my older brothers passing, this on top of my younger brother and older sister's passing in the last six months, leaving me the last one standing.
    Cheers Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

well des i am surely sorry to hear of your lossses ...it is a time of our age and somehow rocks us heavily ....i have lost many friends and indeed family over these last few years ....but sadly we must give them grace and carry on in the only way we can .......but memories cannot be taken from us .....and many a wry grin comes over me when incidents of the past come to mind.....good to hear from you and keep well in these sad times ...regards cappy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast