Thread: Ann Gray

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Ann Gray

It is with very deep regret and sadness that we have learned that Ann Gray passed away on the 24th January 2013. The former wife of a retired Merchant Seamen, Ann was a dedicated member of the National Merchant Navy Association and manager of the MNA shop and spent tireless hours travelling all over the country to nautical events helping raise awareness of the MNA and Merchant Navy in general and helped raise thousands of pounds towards the association in sales of all things MN. Anyone who has ever visited Tower Hill on MN Day and visited the stall will know and remember her.
    "Across the seas where the great waves grow, there are no fields for the poppies to grow, but its a place where Seamen sleep, died for their country, for you and for peace" (Billy McGee 2011)

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default The Merchant Navy Association (Wales) Barry Branch:

Please pass on condolences from our Branch Chairman, Officers and all Members, branch meetings are held on the last Wednesday of the month, at the moment the nucleus have received the details and will ensure all are aware in a few days time. I have been asked to reply on behalf of the branch on this. As the years pass on, many of our own have crossed the bar or are elderly etc and can no longer attend more than local services. I am certain that many from Barry will be sad at the news. I made a point to stop, purchase and chat at the Tower Hill shop and was always welcomed and remembered. The site members that I tend to meet up with at the event tend to assemble after the service by the side of MNA shop. I am certain many will have met Ann there.

Possibly, this year we could arrange some flowers at the shop on the MN Sunday or arrange something for the Year of the Convoy - Battle of the Atlantic event in May. For now all thoughts are with her family, friends and loved ones as they grieve.

Ann Gray: RIP.
    Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 27th January 2013 at 05:03 PM.