Thread: Sad loss

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Sad loss

An old" BlueFlu" chief engineer Robert Elwyn Jones (Elwyn)crossed the bar this week ,aged 74.
    A great old character with whom Ive had the pleasure of sharing a few pints and sea stories with most weeks for the past ten years.

Ill miss you old friend.

Funeral service at Southport crem. 14:00 Thursday 6th November. No flowers by family request but a donation to the Macmillan nurses or Queens court hospice if required. Tel:01704 501501.
    your never alone......witha penguin

Gulliver Guest

Default Robert Elwyn Jones

Dear Ajay
    I'm so very sorry to hear of the passing away of your friend.74 is far too soon.Hope he had a good life in retirement-and that you can perhaps share some of those stories with us.
    I have a lot of respect for men like that who made their way to the top in companies like Blue Flue.It seems appropriate for him ,with a name like that being in the Welsh Navy'.
    Also very appropriate just now as I write,that they're playing Ralph Vaughan Williams' The Lark Ascending-a beautiful piece of music-very inspiring and comforting.

God Bless You,mate!

Davey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Robert Elwyn Jones

Hello Ajay,
    From me too mate,i am very sorry to hear of your Friends passing,its always so hard to loose someone who you knew and chatted with all those years,and i know how you must feel,as i too have been through that several times now!
    I sincerly hope that you will be healed in time mate,as it takes a long time for something like this to be forgotten! (Well not completely but you know what i mean)
    Take care Ajay will be thinking of you and all concerned !
    All the best mate!
    With sadness!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I left Southport 3yrs ago, so have lost touch with the local goings on of the town, is this the same Elwyn who used to drink in the Little Pub on the Marine Lake, Guest House and other watering holes and had a son who was an AB or Bosun with RFA. If this is the same man I am saddened to learn of his demise, as we used to have a yarn and a pint many a Saturday night in the Little pub, he will be sorely missed. Regards, Glyn.