Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jim brindley

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Jim brindley

I had a phone call today from Doris, wife of Jim Brindley, to inform me that Jim had crossed the bar Thursday 30th October 2008.
    For those who may recall the old site Jim always signed off as 'doolaly jim'
    Jim arrived here in Oz in the late 50's having jumped ship. He made a great success of his life here, marrying Doris and raising a family, one son now living in N.Z. I first caught up with Jim last year when I phoned him to ask if, 'he wanted to buy a battleship'? His health was not the best then but his spirit was good, he suffered a number of setbacks during the year but always bounced back. Loved going to the club to play the machines, and we had some great chats on the phone about life now and back when we were all at sea. Earlier this year I met with him and Doris along with Roger Wolfe, from Tasmania, who had the flag that P.J. Murphy had done. Photos can be found in the gallery.
    It is always sad when one of our members cross the bar, made doubly sad for me having met and come to know a bit about him.
    Jim, may you forever sail on calm waters, may the sun shine warm upon you, and where so ever your spirit wanders I salute you.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi JOHN.
    Sorry to hear of your mate JIM crossing the bar.He sounded like a real character. Please pass on our condolences to his family for us. sorry I'm not much on dealing with these things.but please accept my thoughts that are with you and the family.
    best wishes Geoff & Trish.
    Last edited by Geoff Anderson; 31st October 2008 at 03:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Jim!

John,
    This is really sad news indeed,as you said on the old site Jim was well known,and as you know many of us here chatted,laughed and had some good yarns with him on site!
    I am really shocked by this news,as its always hard to accept that one of the old Crew had gone!
    I sincerly hope that dear Doris will be able to deal with this,as its so hard at times like these,but i know that her Family will be by her side!
    If you should contact her John,please do convey my sincere condolences!
    It would have been rather hard on you too John,especially that i know you had met with Jim (still have the Pics mate) and got to know him a lot more than us here!
    Its as you say a sad thing to loose one of the Crew,and i for one will miss old Jim!
    Rest in Peace Jim!
    Gone but not forgotten! Ever!
    Sincerly and if any of the Family read this i Convey my Condolences to you all!
    Sad indeed!

http://www.merchant-navy.net/gallery...php?photo=4027
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 31st October 2008 at 10:00 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john. very sorry to hear about doolaly jim.remember him well from the old site and also the pic of him,you and roger at the terminal with the flag. give doris my condolences when you speak to her. yours sadly. alf
    Backsheesh runs the World
    people talking about you is none of your business
    R397928

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lightbulb jim

john,
    its made me very sad to learn of the passing of jim.
    i did not know him but i have his details on the flag at least,where he will always be remembered.
    please give my condolences to doris,and wish her wel.
    all the best.
    im going to miss the doollaly jim,bit

mike
    Gallery Manager and Friend of the Website

R 693816

Please visit the Gallery to see the latest photos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hiya John, so sorry to hear that our friend and shipmate Jim has passed away, he has given us many laughs with his little stories and one liners, a true character and one of ours, please pass our condolences to Jim's wife and family,
    Colin and Ann McCool.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Dolally Jim

Very sad news about our dolally Jim. I speak for myself & Beth when I say he will be sadly missed. He was definitely a one off, a wonderful character & a no nonsense man who I know had made a wonderful life over in Oz with his Doris & family. I will always remember with great fondness his nickname for me 'Feisty Tracey'.
    Beth & I always enjoyed his messages on here & I always looked forward to e-mails from Jim & Doris describing their life in Oz & Jim's time at sea.
    It was an honour & a privilege to have known Jim who I will always remember with great fondness & admiration. As Beth said to me, it feels like we have lost a part of our extended family.
    Thinking of you & your family Doris, I'm sure you will have many memories to look back on to make you smile & cry but precious memories are priceless & I'm sure they will comfort you in some small way.
    Look after yourself Doris, love to you & your family.

Tracey & Beth.xxxx
    Last edited by Scully; 1st November 2008 at 09:56 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My condolences to Doris and family on the passing of doolaly Jim.
    George in Southampton

Gulliver Guest

Default For Doris and Family

My Sincere Condolences to you Doris and the Family.
    I didn't know Jim,but he was certainly loved and respected by my fellow shipmates here.
    God bless You.
    Davey(Gulliver)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"Doolaly Jim" RIP. Always enjoyed his posts.
    your never alone......witha penguin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast