Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Wayne Whitlock

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    darwen
    Posts
    3
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    5
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Default Wayne Whitlock

    SHIPS NAME AND SERVICE RECORD

    Full Name
    Wayne Whitlock
    Discharge Book Number
    R 911747
    Department
    Deck
    Your Rank/Rating
    Deck boy/jos/sos/edh/ab/bosun
    Which Ships were you on and When
    Marinula 72
    Mitra73
    Anadara74
    Harpalycus74
    Ortega74
    Avon forest75
    Manchester Courage75
    Manchester Vigour75
    Asian Renown75
    Manchester Quest75
    Strathinver76
    British Purpose76
    Carchester76
    Saint Bedan76
    Brasil Star76
    City of Valletta76
    Albright Pioneer77
    Sydney Bridge77
    Eildon77
    Ajana77
    Lobito Palm78
    British Rail 78
    Rosethorn78
    Manchester Vigour78
    Manchester Reward79
    Cunard Princess79
    Manchester Frontier79
    Eucadia79
    Townsend Ferries79
    Pass of Balmaha79
    Inventor 1980
    Notes:
    -
    Last edited by Mike Hall; 7th November 2019 at 10:21 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,872
    Thanks (Given)
    1614
    Thanks (Received)
    2370
    Likes (Given)
    7157
    Likes (Received)
    8062

    Default Re: wayne whitlock

    Hi Wayne, The Eucadia was she the one belonging to Anchor Donaldson former Runciman's I done 12 months in her Terry.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    {terry scouse}

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Blue Mountains NSW
    Posts
    18,322
    Thanks (Given)
    23808
    Thanks (Received)
    8761
    Likes (Given)
    29647
    Likes (Received)
    19938

    Default Re: wayne whitlock

    Welcome Wayne

    Thank you for listing your Ships and other info on our Crew List

    Always nice to have new entries making our list most probably the best there is on ex Crew of the Merchant Navy

    Cheers
    Senior Member and Friend of this Website

    R697530

  4. Likes Graham Payne, Red Lead Ted liked this post
  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sunbury Victoria Australia
    Posts
    16,901
    Thanks (Given)
    5134
    Thanks (Received)
    6041
    Likes (Given)
    60481
    Likes (Received)
    24309

    Default Re: wayne whitlock

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    Welcome Wayne

    Thank you for listing your Ships and other info on our Crew List

    Always nice to have new entries making our list most probably the best there is on ex Crew of the Merchant Navy

    Cheers


    Most probably.

    Vernon mate, we are the very best the best there ever was , sadly the world will never see the likes of us again.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

    Life is too short to blend in.

    John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Greenwich, s.e. London.
    Posts
    469
    Thanks (Given)
    289
    Thanks (Received)
    142
    Likes (Given)
    6080
    Likes (Received)
    726

    Default Re: wayne whitlock

    Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    Most probably.

    Vernon mate, we are the very best the best there ever was , sadly the world will never see the likes of us again.
    Hi John
    Showed my wife your post.

    She said "thank God"

    I still don't understand what she meant by that response.
    Graham R774640

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Torquay
    Posts
    186
    Thanks (Given)
    2377
    Thanks (Received)
    4874
    Likes (Given)
    6306
    Likes (Received)
    17817

    Default Re: wayne whitlock

    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Payne View Post
    Hi John
    Showed my wife your post.

    She said "thank God"

    I still don't understand what she meant by that response.
    Sympathise with you, I think my wifes getting dementia, keeps saying she doesn't know what she ever saw in me

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    darwen
    Posts
    3
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    5
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Default Re: wayne whitlock

    thks for your reply terry she was an anchor ship i joined her in manchester only did the run job as bosun to glasgow 2days

  9. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
  10. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Alfreton
    Posts
    2
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    6

    Default Re: Wayne Whitlock

    Hi Wayne
    I must have been at Gravesend before you as my number is R908798,and sailed from 72 till 81.
    Sailed with Esso for 2 years, then Houlder Bros for 2 years including the Banbury on a PSNC charter, brilliant times
    and drifted for awhile on Pendennis Castle,Matina,Rollnes,Risness Grey Rover,Stellaman and Matco Thames,and back to Shaw Saville (Houlders) last trip being on the Oroya was married and it didn't work being away so I left.working ashore was not easy and have had a few jobs but never the same bond with shore workers. Miss the atmosphere so I have good memories.Im mid sixties now so it's to late to go back, but I'm tempted!!

  11. Likes Red Lead Ted liked this post
  12. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,872
    Thanks (Given)
    1614
    Thanks (Received)
    2370
    Likes (Given)
    7157
    Likes (Received)
    8062

    Default Re: wayne whitlock

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Whitlock View Post
    thks for your reply terry she was an anchor ship i joined her in manchester only did the run job as bosun to glasgow 2days
    Wayne, Only reason I asked mate, She was an ageing old ship when I was in her 71/72 I am surprised to hear of you doing a run job aboard her in 1979. She was Runciman's ex M.V. Exmoor, That old girl must have had some miles on her clock when she went to the breakers Terry.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Powis View Post
    Hi Wayne
    I must have been at Gravesend before you as my number is R908798,and sailed from 72 till 81.
    Sailed with Esso for 2 years, then Houlder Bros for 2 years including the Banbury on a PSNC charter, brilliant times
    and drifted for awhile on Pendennis Castle,Matina,Rollnes,Risness Grey Rover,Stellaman and Matco Thames,and back to Shaw Saville (Houlders) last trip being on the Oroya was married and it didn't work being away so I left.working ashore was not easy and have had a few jobs but never the same bond with shore workers. Miss the atmosphere so I have good memories.Im mid sixties now so it's to late to go back, but I'm tempted!!
    Bill, Your only ever as old as the woman you feel m8 Terry.
    {terry scouse}

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,872
    Thanks (Given)
    1614
    Thanks (Received)
    2370
    Likes (Given)
    7157
    Likes (Received)
    8062

    Default Re: wayne whitlock

    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Payne View Post
    Hi John
    Showed my wife your post.

    She said "thank God"

    I still don't understand what she meant by that response.
    Agree with your sentiments Graham mate, The years have been very kind to you m8 you are still a ringer for Lord Charles with that bow tie and he was always hit and missed just like yourself. Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •