Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Queen ELIZABETH ll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Queen ELIZABETH ll

Oh my dear Lord! What terrible and such sad news i awake to Today.
    Such a Lady she was, and Ruled Britain and many other Commonwealth Countries during her Life!
    She was a Marvel, in all she did and was loved by Millions World Wide!

The Queen will surely be missed by all her followers , and we will never see another like her again!

I bow my head in sorrow, and stand at attention in 1 Minute Silence to Honour Her Majesty.

Her Memory will live forever.
    God Rest the Queen!

With all respect
    And Sincere Condolences to the Entire Royal Family

Thank You Mam!
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 8th September 2022 at 10:33 PM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I woke up this morning and wondered at why the Church school carpark across the road was packed. The Queen was a one off, the likes the world will never see again.
    God rest her soul, and may she now rest in peace.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It’s 0800 in WA and have just got up.the first post I saw on this site was from JP and was shocked at the news. Although most people knew it was inevitable it still comes as a massive shock. I have spent the past few days running in. To hospital to administer to my own wife so have really no idea of events leading up to her sad passing. I like many others were brought up with her father as monarch and herself as monarch for the rest of my existance.i am probably one of the very few in reference to the many thousands she personally met , as regards merchant seamen, she also conversed with and considered it a great honour to have conversed with her privately , she was a wonderful woman as well as the Queen . She herself set a very high standard of morality compared to the morality displayed by others world wide today. She will be sorely missed in the present world of today. God Save The Queen. JS

I can only copy the opening words on the warrant which are signed by her , and is only one of the many Orders she was privy to... who is now capable of carrying out such a task with such humility,? Who is going to be able to return some of the magnificient work she did for others for her own epitaph.
    The opening paragraph of the warrant signed by her is as follows and sincerely hope all those who hold similar will handle theirs with the same reverence as it so justly deserves..
    ELIZABETH THE SECOND... by the Grace of God. Of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Her other Realms and Terrorities Queen head of the Commonwealth , Defender of the Faith and Sovereign of the Most Excellent Order of................to our Trusty and well beloved ..............

Whereas..............

We do.................

Given at our Court of Saint James. Etc. etc. this day etc. etc.

By the Sovereigns Command.

Signed and witnessed by Philip ( the then Duke of Edinburgh )

Every one of those of a similar nature she personally signed and stamped she herself should have received a medal for. I hope Britain as the Great Nation it once was can rise to giving such a personage the accolades she so much deserves .

JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 9th September 2022 at 01:41 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I did but see her passing by
    Yet my love for her will never die.
    I recall so well the day the king passed, a young girl in our class said ‘will Churchill now become king”?
    Coronation day a very wet day, I sat in awe in front of a 12 inch black and white TV watching the proceedings, something I will never forget.
    Two weeks later the school was taken to the main road, we stood on the side walk as the Royal Cavalcade went by, I saw her wave, was that for me?
    1954 she made her first trip to Australia, a country she was to visit some 8 times and the only English Monarch to do so. Such was the love for her that it is estimated some 80% of the then population turned out to see her.
    For many of the Australian population the only Monarch they have ever known.
    But it was Prince Phillip that took to the liking of the locals, the Larikin in them appreciated many of his wild comments. Such as when speaking of the Aborigines referred to them as, ‘Those black fellas’.
    But Australia was a favourite of the Queen, to the extent that she had Charles sent to Timber Tops Grammer School in Geelong Southern Victoria for part of his education
    Her Majesty, the longest reining English Monarch and second longest world wide was an amazing lady.
    Thrust into the position of Monarch by the abdication of her uncle.
    But maybe it was some form of kismet.
    The world will likely not see the likes of such a person again.
    A lady of composure, values, compassion, global knowledge, sincerity, energy, mental strength, love of the people, the ability to meet with heads of state from around the globe and sit comfortable with them, a lady of great integrity, and love of her family being the core of her being.
    She was the glue that held the UK, Commonwealth of 57 nations and some other countries together.
    Passionate about this just as much as she was about all she did.
    She too the UK through so many challenging times, wars, financial collapses, political dramas such as the sacking of the Australian Government of Whitlam, but all of this was done with dignity.
    Then in 1996 the Australian public were given the chance to become a republic, such was the love of the Queen it was rejected, though Prince Phillip thought we were all mad. Times are different now.
    But it was the passing of Phillip just last year that precipitated her passing. He had been Her rock, her source of strength and great love was gone, she went into a deep mourning.
    The end of the second Elizabethan era, one the likes of the world will never see again.
    An era that saw more changes than any before, but an era where Her Majesty took it all in her stride.
    Her passing for me is no less painful than the passing of one of my own, such was my love and respect for her
    In her own words. Greif is the price you pay for love.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just a remembrance of mine as well, in 1947 at the age of 7 , i still recall the Queen being in Cape Town with her Sister and Parents. She gave a very lovely speech to the World on the Radio from Cape Town, and commented that although Six Thousand Miles from home, she never felt that way, as the People of South Africa and Rhodesia had given her the Feeling that she was at Home there!
    Yes the Memory still lingers in this old Head!

Rest in Peace Mam! And God Bless.
    With deepest Respects!
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 9th September 2022 at 06:46 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Along with you all I feel a sense of personal loss, she was with us for so long and the young have known no other Monarch, fair winds and calm seas your Majesty, you will long be remembered as a beacon of light for many, if not all, we will miss your hand on the rudder.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

nice.jpg borrowed from elsewhere but nice to think they are both having a chat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

R.I.P. Ma'am.
    Graham R774640

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)