Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Death of a naval hero.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Death of a naval hero.

I am referring , there was no politics in those days just an absolute ruler.
    #
    Blair was a Warmonger. and a politician, he sent other mothers sons to war in Iraq, for his own political ends, He did not volunteer his two sons , other mothers sons were Killed and mutilated in mind and body, his were sent to New York to work for Morgan Stanley a Finance House.
    Cameron bombed and shelled Libya and got rid of Ghadafi , thousands of Libyans Killed, because he was a sheep of Obama,
    He supported the Opposition in Syria with Obama giving them weapons paid for by Us Tax Payers which turned into ISIS, More millions killed.
    Our and US politicians supported the Taliban in Afghanistan to get the Russians out of there, Hundreds of British Troops killed in the last 17 years fighting the very people they supported and are still in Afghanistan.
    When are our politicians going to stop warmongering in countries that do not want us.

They should have a battalion of Politicians, if they want to go to war, then they go in first. and let them see what War really is like.
    I have seen parts of wars and not very pleasant.

2. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't know if this appropiate but wherever we got shot of countries dictators. Tito,gadafi,Sadat what happened civil unrest of the highest order .Yes they were bad bastards and committed terrible crimes on their own people ,but since theirs demise thousands of their populations have suffered death and destruction of their homelands .Just a thought would their lives have been better,children in many countries have never known anything but war a crying shame ,maybe ,just maybe their lives may have been better. Dave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In those mid east countries you cannot have a democratic way of governing,
    A Strong man Dictator holds all the tribes together,
    In Libya, there are 15 Tribes and were always fighting each other, Ghadaffy held them all together.
    Since Cameron and Obama interfered, there has been nothing but chaos, infiltrated by Is Is and Al Quada and more people killed and more immigrants passing through, now a lawless state.
    all because of Daft Politicians interfering,
    Sadam in Iraq was the same, he held the country together until that stupid Bliar and Bush tried to make a name for themselves, now still chaos and killing ever since.
    They made a terrible mess in Afghanistan, and in Syria, what a terrible mess British and American politicians have made there, millions killed and displaced.
    Do these Politicians sleep at night??
    We cannot look after pour own people properly, all they do is cause Chaos.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dead right capt ,also what has the cost been to our armed forces,trying to beat terrorists is a waste of time they cannot be identified.interfering the West should keep their bloody noses out and concentrate getting their problems out instead of forking money out on lost causes.Marvelous how billions of pounds can be found interfering in other countries when our economy is in such a state. Dave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The only answer is and always has been border protection. The do gooders shout that you can’t bar someone on religious beliefs... however you seem to be able to do so on on political ones... there is no difference between a political belief and a religious one , if that religious one entails making laws and policing them. We have been showered by pious people pleading they are no danger to a countries lifestyle. Maybe our politicians are blinkered like the donkeys they always seem to resemble in actions and words. McCarthy when he brought in the question for would be entrants to the US ... Are you or have you ever been a member of the communist party , would be a way of going for starters . Any organisation that has the slightest threads to terrorism should be denied access. JWS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian, on our visit to Vietnam we visited some of the tunnels used by the Vietcong, viewed some of the weapons and booby traps they used.
    But of most interest a video shot at the time by the Vietnamese, from this is was very easy to know this was not a war about North and South, it was a about Russia and USA fighting for dominance of the region and using Vietnam as the fighting ground.

As to J. McCain.

On Saturday there was the funeral for A. Franklin, a well known and much loved singer over some 7 decades. The service went for almost 8 hours and our news bulletin showed a five minute segment of it.,

The funeral of J. McCain went for about two hours and we were only granted a segment of about 90 seconds.

It speaks volumes as to how society values of today are very different from those of our youth.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes dave moore liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John the only thing that foreign troops won in Vietnam as spoils of war , was Vietnam rose. Another Illegal immigrant hard to get rid of. JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    John the only thing that foreign troops won in Vietnam as spoils of war , was Vietnam rose. Another Illegal immigrant hard to get rid of. JS
    Reminded me of when I was running up Vietnam about 74; had one of crew approach me (lad from S. Shields) asked for a word of marital advice, whats up I said, Ive got a dose he says, ffs you have been aboard for a couple of weeks at least you will have plenty time to get rid of it, no he says, I got it off my wife! What can anyone say to that in reply?

11. Thanks j.sabourn, cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#48... Tony there was really no secrecy at sea. Some of the stories I had to listen to weren’t very convivial. One though believe it or not was a master I sailed with who was about 50. Got married to a girl of about 20.His mother in law was younger than him. However he must have led a sheltered life as he approached me as the mate one time and was asking questions me being a married man, about certain bedroom techniques which were strange to him ,I could only assume he was a 50 year old cherry boy. Hard to believe but there you go.His marriage didn’t last very long by the way. He was 10 years older than me so presume he must be pushing up the Daisy’s by now, but even so these stories were in confidence So names are out of the question. A ship especially on long passages was a close community and many used to open their hearts, I often wonder how many regretted doing so in later years. Cheers JWS

13. Likes happy daze john in oz, cappy liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5