Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Death of a naval hero.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Death of a naval hero.

Watch this video to see how the wicked Japs treated our Prisoners of War.

https://youtu.be/RJdkc19ope4

Regards from,
    Fouro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

War breeds hatred and people are taught to hate. This is done mainly through propoganda and the way troops are trained. There is no place for the present day proclamation of love thy neighbour. No arguing in the world of past decisions taken is going to change the results of the civilian damage incurred. Those who took those decisions are now dead. Whether they died with. Clear consciences or not we will never know. I do know however if someone was threatening my life or my family’s lives I would have no hesitation in killing my attacker. Man woman or child would make no difference. A soldier is trained to kill and is doing his job within the law of his country when he does so if he is facing an enemy. this rubbish printed in the media about. Some of our troops carrying out what they are trained to do, as having committed offences, is going from the sublime to the ridiculous . Early accusations of women being groped 50 years ago and now making claims of being sexually assaulted. Is nearly as bad as some of the accusations facing soldiers who may have just got through one trauma only to face another one made against some of them. JWS....
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 1st September 2018 at 01:31 AM.

3. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It was our departed member Lou Baron who spoke of his time in a Japanese prison camp, it was not the Japanese who were the vilians but more the Korean Guards they employed.

Mohamed Ali was a man of worth who stood by his convictions not to take life.

When the Vietnam war was raging Australia engaged with the USA in it.
    Men were conscripted by ballot to join the fight.
    Some refused to go and were jailed for that, but what if all those balloted had said 'No, I will not go'
    Just imagine what the world would be like if all acted as Ali did, peace as John Lennon said, can it ever happen.

No, because man will always want to take from another either for greed or just domination.

Of all animals on this planet man is said to be the most intelligent, but when one looks around the world today serious questions must be asked about that comment.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Likes Captain Kong, Roger Dyer liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#28 I think Louis has in his possession a copy of a document written by some of his detractors in your congress which I have also. If it was printed in it’s full form on here would be very unfair to a person who has just left this earth and unable to reply. If believed as true would show a lot of dissension as regards his hero status. Politics being what they are whatever credence is given to it, is up to the imdivodual to believe what he wants. My own views on the subject is that you can’t please everyone , also you can’t believe everything you read. Anyone wanting to read the other side to the story will find it somewhere on the internet. Plus a physciatric evaluation of the man made during his incarceration made again by a Spanish doctor residing in Cuba , made during his imprisonment. I think Louis is correct in wanting to close the subject. Cheers JWS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 1st September 2018 at 10:23 AM.

7. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Still ducking my question Louis.

In one sentence you say you don't want to say more about John McCain and then proceed to lob a question about what he did as a civilian not as my thread was about. "The death of a naval hero."

I answered and gave the results: ..After a lengthy investigation, the Senate Ethics Committee in 1991 cleared Senators John Glenn and John McCain of having acting improperly but were criticized for having exercised "poor judgment."

I make no excuses for what he did as a civilian, he was wrong and showed bad judgement.

Any reader wishing the complete story: Just enter John McCain and the Keating five.

You seem to forget that in 1945 precision bombing was not as it is today. The bomb on Nagasaki, was actually held in reserve only to be used as a result of Japan not unconditionally surrendering. There was no comment from the japs, the weather was about to turn for the worst forcing the bombing up a day. The bomb was quite heavy and thus named "fat boy" by the ground crew.

Would it have been better if the bomber had came in at low range thus giving the japs a fair shot at them...this was total war not cricket. The plane had to have height in order to drop the bomb and get out of the range of the blast and radiation. These were primitive terrible bombs compared to the sophisticated terrible weapons of today.

Obviously we are degenerating into a classic "pissing contest", you are ducking my question and I am tired of answering your evasive questions. So enough. We agree to disagree, hopefully on just this one subject.

R.I.P. John McCain, A naval Hero.

Our air conditioning has been out for three days it's getting up to 90f in our house, the part will not be in until Tuesday, as Monday is a national holiday as well as M.N. day. We are out of here, moving to a hotel that's hopefully freezing. Will be back on Monday to hang up the flags as promised.

Out of here! Rodney

9. Thanks Captain Kong, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I still do not know why the US started to invade Viet Nam, The most powerful country in the world was beaten by the Viet Namese, People who had no massive killing machines,
    The US did not learn a lesson from the French who were wiped out, again by the Viet Namese people.

At the battle of Dien Bien Phu in May 1954 the French who underestimated the Viet Namese, lost 18,000 men.
    9,000 taken prisoner and many died on the march to Hanoi, 3,000 escaped and made it to the coast and when I was on the GEORGIC we had just disembarked 3,000 Australian Troops in Penang for the war in Malaya, so we were available.
    They fought their way down the hillsides as we were in our lifeboats picking them up from the beach taking them three miles off shore back to the GEORGIC,
    We did that for three and a half days and nights, under fire, and left over 500 dead in the water and on the beach.
    We got ten bob danger money , half a crown a day for that.
    So after that major Disaster the Americans decided to have a go,
    15,000 young American dead and many thousands mutilated in mind and body , they scrambled out of there in a major panic, I was out there again taking fuel oil to Guam for the US Navy to help with the evacuation.
    and met and drank with a few of them in Guam who told me some horrifying stories.

Politicians never read or act on History. they only send other mothers sons to war not their own.

Get rid of politicians you get rid of war, People do not start wars only Politicians.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 1st September 2018 at 04:31 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#35.. Rodney you have probably read and know more about American politics than us in other countries, but what we are also seeing is the usual mish mash of conflicting reports, that is for
    those bothered to read them?
    You might get if you go to www. Counterpunch.org
    Or try https:Page not found
    Maybe get, or maybe not.
    Cheers JWS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 2nd September 2018 at 04:26 AM.

12. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#36... wasn’t it first as advisors Brian. ?. There were all sorts of answers to the question why they were there , purely I would imagine apart from all the oil theories , was the phobia still persistent today of communism getting a hold on these countries. Although democracy is founded on free choice of government apparently communism isn’t recognised as playing the game. The same as these religious dictatorships isn’t recognised in others. The obvious easy answer which no one has had the guts to do in the past is to deny them permanent domicile in a country not practicing their modus operandi. Politicians want to appear humane to others, about time they thought of their own people and way of life first. Cheers JWS.

14. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A wise decision by Rodney to go off and cool his head.

16. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re # 36.

Longshanks, Edward the First of England, started the Wars of Independence against Scotland. He was no Politician.

Regards from,
    Fouro.

18. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast