Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Nos Da dad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Nos Da dad.

"Our veterans did not forget about us .... Let's not forget about them." From Michael Levesque

gray_marian Guest

Default Re: Nos Da dad.

My Condolences Keith to You and Your Family, May Your Father Rest In Peace. Marian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have not put to much into this post as all is quite new, sudden and there is so much to do. I will say a few words again. I will add a PDF Link that tells a lot. K

http://www.ss-tregenna.co.uk/Pdf/Sou...tar%20Eire.pdf
    "Our veterans did not forget about us .... Let's not forget about them." From Michael Levesque

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Keith.
    I couldn't get the video to play, I'm assuming from Marion's post that your dad has crossed the bar, My condolences to you and your family, may he rest in peace
    Cheers Des

redc.gif

5. Thanks Keith at Tregenna, thomas michael thanked for this post
    Likes Keith at Tregenna liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Described as a Christian hymn of assurance that God will always be with us for comfort and guidance. Written by Alfred Tennyson, 1889. Sung in the video by the Altar Of Praise Chorale, from their album 'This is My Father's World.' We know it better as the work of Tennyson; Crossing the Bar and it is generally read. I found it quite moving.

The link is to youtube and possibly you could google or similar search and find a compatible version on youtube Oz ?

Regards Keith.

7. Thanks thomas michael thanked for this post
    Likes Richard Quartermaine liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had no problem with the video, Keith. You can be so proud. Sincerest condolences.
    Richard
    Our Ship was our Home
    Our Shipmates our Family

9. Thanks N/A, Keith at Tregenna, thomas michael thanked for this post
    Likes Keith at Tregenna liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks all thus far, thought I should be handle one of my own. being helping others for long enough. Of late ensured with others someone attended the funeral of someone I and most never knew, in another country, had no known family or friends, all that was known really was his age, name and where he died. 300 turned up to see him off. I was asked as it was noted that he was a former seaman, if he was one of ours ? (Meaning MN) He was a sailor / seaman of some sort. That was enough for me to want to help. With the technology today I actually could see the service in Ireland on the lap top here in Wales.

My dad was my dad, but was also a former seaman.

Tough bits still to occur. Tomorrow I will pop into the Pilot in Penarth and have a pint and wish him Happy Birthday.

Keith.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Should be Happy Birthday.

RIP.

Keith.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I regret to inform you that my father Jim Greenway Chairman of the Merchant Navy Association (Wales) Barry branch passed away this week. We hope to be able to make formal announcements soon and for now just trying to let friends, family and anyone that he both dealt with or knew are aware. Could you further just pass the news on to any one that you think should know. I will be in touch further ASAP. Sorry this is a general note to many, more formal contact will follow. Regards Keith.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Update: Jim (James) Joseph Greenway of Fryatt Street, Barry passed away peacefully on 21st March. Jim Born in 1933 is sadly missed by his family, his loving wife Doreen, sons, daughter, grandchildren and great-grand children. Funeral arrangements to follow.

14. Thanks thomas michael thanked for this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast