Thread: Bob Crow

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Bob Crow

Rail, Maritime and Transport union leader Bob Crow has died.

In a statement on its website, RMT said: "It is with the deepest regret that RMT has to confirm that our General Secretary Bob Crow sadly passed away in the early hours of this morning.

"RMT would request that all media respect the privacy of the friends and family of Bob Crow at this distressing time."

According to the health editor at the London Evening Standard, Mr Crow suffered an aneurysm and massive heart attack.

He died at Whipps Cross Hospital, Leytonstone, despite doctors spending an hour trying to save him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...#ixzz2vef54XRh
    Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bob Crow

Early hours of this morning apparently http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26527325 and http://www.rmt.org.uk/home/ , at 52 he was a relativly young man . I could say that he was not my ideal Union Boss , but I hate tragic premature deaths . Unfortunately some people celebrate when an adversary goes , I prefer to stay silent
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did not know of this person,but as said in posts its always sad to hear of anyones untimely death!
    So to the Family and good Friends of Bob Crow may I send my Condolences,i know he will be missed by them!
    Doc
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Louis, I for one agree with you, He is going to be very hard if not impossible to replace for the R.M.T. Workers. He was not an Arthur Scargill character he was a very clever negotiator and always had the good sense and foresight to pull out with the best deal for his workers. That's what he was paid for and that's what he done. London tube drivers are on a £52,000 a year wage. I always remember him on Question Time not that long ago, A pompous historian told him he was disrupting the ordinary working man by calling lightning strikes on the London underground yet he never lost any of his £145,000 a year wage his reply !!!!!!!!!! Your quite correct its at times like this I earn what I am paid to do look after my members best interest. If there was a few more like him in the trade union movement today there would be no zero hour contracts for our youngsters for one thing. Because love him or hate him he stood for what he believed in and worked endlessly for his union's members best interests one of the last remaining flat cap British working mans union leader and a great speaker and character the day before he died he actually called for M,P,s to be given a pay rise and cut out claiming expenses he also lived in a council house a true man of the people. May he R.I.P. Sadly missed Terry.
    Last edited by Red Lead Ted; 12th March 2014 at 12:37 AM.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All we owe the dead is the truth.
    Not heard of this man but his family is no doubt grieving for him and so will many of his mates. Time will tell how good or bad he was, ans as with beauty it is in the eye of the beholder.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller