Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WPCs Hughes and Bone RIP

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post WPCs Hughes and Bone RIP

I would like to offer my sincere condolences to the families of the two Women Police Officers from the Greater Manchester Police Service who were murdered yesterday.
    After leaving the Merchant Navy I joined the Cheshire Constabulary and for my final eighteen months I was on secondment to The Greater Manchester Police.
    It would appear that these two young women where lured to the place where they were shot and blown up with a hand grenade.
    They were only doing their duty in The protection of Life and Property.
    I am aware that there are other retired Police Officers on this site who I am sure, together with all members , they will agree with this short sentiment.
    R.I.P.

John Albert Evans

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And the man was out On Bail for shooting another man dead.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I cannot but agree John. After leaving the sea I served for 30 years, in both Cheshire Constabulary and the Merseyside Police. I thankfully survived the Liverpool riots and my time in the Police without serious injury.

I have to say that, seeing what the Police have to put up with now, I was a very lucky boy.

My heart goes out to the families of both girls and to the girls themselves, goodness knows what they went through before they died, those last few minutes and seconds must have been hell and do not bear thinking about. I think that we can all be very grateful that there still are youngsters like them, willing to join up and serve the community knowing all the risks that being a Police Officer involves.

There will always be bad apples, no matter how hard you try to keep them out, thankfully they are in the minority and the majority are good, honest and hard working lads and lasses. The Government should bear this in mind when they are deciding to cut their pay. Magnanimous words are all very well at times like this Mr Cameron, just consider what these people do and give them fair wages and conditions, they not only earn them, they more than deserve them.

Chris.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My Father in Law, when I first married was a Chief Inspector in the Police, He wanted me to join the Force as I left the Sea when I married his daughter 49 years ago., I declined, I think the reason was I had been a Seafarer and could not imagine myself being in a Disciplined environment. My Dad was also a Special Contable, so I did have encouragement.
    I went back to sea.
    So sad and tragic about those young ladies and the evil way they were lured into a trap.
    Lets hope the Do- gooders dont Bail him again.
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default That is part of the problem these day,s

The police force do there job to the best of there ability of that i have no doubt they gather evidence make there enquiries and most of the time when they make an arrest for a serious crime they know they have there man. The problem is that these lads who are capable of this and other crimes appear in court and play the system after an interview with a detective constantly { no reply } End up in most cases getting there brief to get them bailed by out of touch magistrates. This scumbag was on police bail when he carried out other murder,s. I hate to say it but having first hand experience as the victim of serious gun crime. I think Chris will agree with me its all down to money!! it costs 1,000s of ££££££ to keep a youth or dangerous villain in custody. While enquiries go on and in most cases while on bail re offend or go awol. It is a very common occurrence. Police can wait for D.N.A. Results for weeks on end and although they know they have there man they have to be absolute before they can get the C.P.S. To go ahead and prosocute. In the mean time the likes of this lout will hold out in the hope that charges are dropped by his victims or can get his brief to floor police evidence get a commital to the crown court were most of them plead guilty when everything else fail,s at the very last minute. Then the sentences that are handed out by crown court judges are a bloody joke because they are seen as good guy,s for not having to put there victims through the ordeal of not taking the stand and give evidence. The guy who walked into my house and pulled a gun on me one beutiful saturday afternoon was charged with aggravated burglary with assault D.N.A obtained in my house and the decision by the C.P.S. to prosocute nailed him at the crown court which he at the last minute pleaded guilty. I have been informed by the probation service of his release date he went down for 4yrs 6months. And with good behavior will be back on the streets within 2yrs. May them 2 officers R.I.P. Its not the police letting people down its the judges at the crown courts that are so out of touch. Regards Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The law is an Ass as someone once said, and it is encouraged by the Human Rights Act of Brussels.
    If they give this killer an indeterminate Sentence, he will be paid 20,000 by us taxpayers and released, new Order from Brussels yesterday.
    This animal should be hanged BUT Brussels would not allow it even if it was legal to do so in Britain.
    I do not agree with this system of sentence a crim to four years and he is out on the street again in less than two.
    If he behaves himself then he serves his full sentence, if he misbehaves he does extra time is what it should be.
    We are the Tax Payers here and what we say should go, the Politicians are supposed to be our Servants , what happened to Democracy?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Terry you are right with every remark you make.
    Thirtyeight years ago I too was subjected to a gun crime. When I was a Detective Constable, together with a Uniformed Officer we were arresting a man who had broken into a house some 30mins earlier, he was fighting us like a mad man and all three of us were rolling around when he got a gun out of his pocket and put it to my head he marched the both of us to the Police Car threatening to kill both of us if we refused. Whilst he was forcing the other officer into the car i emanaged to escape but he took deliberate aim and fired the gun at me luckily the gun jammed and I escaped behind a wall. This had been seen by a lot people and they must have phoned the Police. He forced the other Officer to drive off, a panda car arrived and we gave chase but they were lost in traffic. He went to highjack two other cars and kidnap the drivers. Later that night he left all three of them tied up in a barn. He was at large for 4 more days until he kidnapped at gunpont another Police Officer in South Wales and eventually gave himself up to a Detective from Blackpool who knew him. At Chester Crown Court he pleaded to an Array of offences, Burglary, Kidnapping and Firearms offences, he was charged with attempted murder against myself but this charge was dropped and reduced to haveing a firearm with intent, because the bullet hadn't come out of the gun ( You really couldnt make that up could you)
    He was senteced to 25 years imprisonment.
    At the time he commited these offences he was on licence from Prison for an offence of Manslaughter reduced from Murder for a Guilty Plea.(10 years)
    I donn't know the present laws appertaining to keeping suspects in custody as against Bail but the Police Federation Rep for the GMP stated in no uncertain terms on the TV this morning that the reason the man who murdered the two Policewoman was already on bail for murder was that it was Parliament who made the law to free suspects on bail and it had to be strictly adhere to.

John Albert Evans.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

to me they should hang that bast*****
    Never mind a trial.
    when I was young a murder was in papers for weeks.
    Now it printed between adverts.
    Hang them high, I say
    Ron the batcave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's all these do gooders that are to blame.
    Like in USA LIFE MEANS LIFE.
    Ball to this rubbish of human rights. What about others human rights.
    They don't think of that when they harm people.
    Ron The batcave
    R

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Condolences.

My thoughts are with the family's of the two young Police Officer's and may they R.I.P. It all comes back to the thread about DRUGS, I said 75% of crime in this Country was drugs related and this is a typical example.These prigs have guns and hand grenades and other weapons to protect their turf and this is the reason that the police were looking for him in the first place for two alledged murders amongst the drug and organised crime community.He knew he was going to get caught and go down so he wanted to be a hero amongst the fraternity of the same ilk and go out with a bang!!!!!HE SHOULD BE SHOT just the same as the two girls.As soon as he had committed this crime he handed himself in he knew that he would've been shot on sight,bigman,no, one Bastard Coward!!!!
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast