Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WPCs Hughes and Bone RIP

Tony Morcom Guest

RIP WPCs Nicola Hughes and Fiona Bone. Two young lives cruelly taken doing the job they loved serving and protecting the British public in Manchester 18.9.2012

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default WPCs and Bone RIP

It sure is very sad news to hear of the shooting of the two female constables .While reading the posts on this very sad occasions i am very interested that a couple of our members have also served as police officers i am sure they would have some very interesting stories to tell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My thoughts also go out to the families of the two slain officers. My thoughts go out to the serving officers that have to deal with the loss and to carry on protecting life and property. My thoughts also go back in time to when I attended two different police funerals for officers shot on duty, there by the grace of god, go I. I also remember, during my 30 years with the provincial police in Ontario, the four or five more serious calls regarding guns. to look down the barrel of a shotgun, held by a drunk and peed off husband, or searching for a deranged person, with a high powered rifle, out to shoot a cop, is very unnerving and somewhat stressful, to say the least. although we were armed, it did'nt help one bit if you happened to walk into an ambush. It did help if you knew prior to arrival what the situation was, then you made sure your weapon was ready to be used if need be. I'm glad my time was spent during the 60's to the 90's, policing has changed drastically these days, unfortunatly not for the good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi All.
    My thoughts go out to the families of the two girls, I don't know the details but they sound no different to what is happenning here in Aus. A magistrate gave bail to a drug induced man who had been picked up for speeding and driving without a license time and again, take this as a lesson he said and mend your ways. A policeman pulled him over again for the same offence, he drew a gun and killed the policeman, a man with four children. In my eyes the magistrate should have been given a jail sentence,cominserate with what the criminal got, might shake them up a bit.
    Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The police, like the troops are there to protect the public. they must be given every consideration and those who commit crimes against them are in deed commiting it against the whole of society as the police are there for society. How they can ever be considered for early release, or release at all is beyond my comprehension. In so many countries life is life, that is if you are not excecuted, so why should a first world country bow to the rules of Brussels? What would they do if the chief of police for the EU was gunned down?
    We had a guy here in Melbourne who gunned down a large number back in the 80's. He was due for release on parole. There was such an outcry from the public that a special law was passed to make sure he is never freed.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default very sad

Hi Shipmates, it should become a new law killing unarmed police officers and innocent bystanders {Terrorist} should carry a death penalty.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default WPCs Hughes and Bone RIP

Todays paper, guns are available on the streets of the UK for hire at £100 a time and £5 a bullet!!!!!
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Easy to get hold of in Manchester, I heard it was just like going to the Library, you see the Man, he selects a gun and ammo for you and you pay up front, you do the job and then take it back [or else], and the gun is sterilised and hidden away for the next borrower.
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Way back in 1964, when I got married, I got a job as a Salesman for the North West Gas Board, they sent about 20 of us to go to a Salesman School in Knutsford, Cheshire.
    I shared a hotel room with a fellow from Manchester, The first evening after classes I went to the room and this guy is sat on the bed cleaning a revolver and putting bullets in it.
    I said What kind of salesman are you, going to make people buy off you.`
    He told me that the Manchester Mafia was after him and here was a great location to hide out, a Gas Board training School.
    Then he said `You look like a Policeman, a big fella with short hair, you are coming with me tonight,`
    `Where ?` `to Manchester`
    I thought what the hell have I got myself into. I was more than a little scared.
    This fellow takes me to his car and then we drive around the back streets of Town. Up back stairs., knocking on doors of Shabeens, a slot opens a big black fella waves us in,and we go in .
    He says to me ,`Stand at the door with your arms folded and look mean like a Cop.` `What are you going to do` I whispered, `If I find him I am going to blow his effing head off. ` I was trembling and wetting my knickers. This guy meant business.
    He walked around the Very dark club full of smoke, dim lights. then comes back, `He is not here` lets go,
    We went to around a dozen clubs very similar, up stairs in back alleys, that night looking for somone to blow his head off. luckily we never found him, who ever he was.
    I was not a happy man sharing a room with him and his gun.
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

According to the news a man has been charged with the murders, and those of two others.
    Just think for 105 he could be removed. Cheap at twice the price.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast