Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: pension

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: pension

Have just received this years summary Annual Report. For the person/s seeking info. their present address is myMNOPFpension, JLT Employee Benefits, Leatherhead House, Station Road, Leatherhead House, Surrey KT22 7ET. Telephone 01 372 200200, Email enquiries@mymnopfpension.com
    JS

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I worked 12 years for Common Bros from Cadet to C/O and they contributed to MNOPF right through. We used to complain about the 5% deduction as at that age never thought about retirement. Fortunately I managed to not cash it it when I married so now I am 70 it is a very worthwhile boost to my pension. Yes, the old fund was recently used to buy annuities with a couple of insurance companies to give members more security from the ups and downs of their investments such as happened in the WFC. No more annual bonus payments or increments but I have been very happy with the way they have handled it all under difficult circumstances. Thanks to the past and present board members.
    Younger guys take note, retirement arrives quicker than you think and you cannot continue your seamans lifestyle on a state pension. Start regular savings now and don't touch it. in a suitable fund it will pay all or a portion as pension or lump sum to your family if you cross the bar too soon.

4. Likes happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Roy it is a good thing that they pay your next of kin 50%of what you now get on your demise. What bugs me is that I have no next of kin that I wish to leave it to I have never been married or have any children so my MNOPF pension and even more irritating 60% of my pension where I work now goes to ???

6. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2