Thread: Saguenay shipping cap badges

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Saguenay shipping cap badges

Hi shipmates.

Two now retired deck officers from 'Saggies' are looking for cap badges. We were from 'Sunflower' and 'Sunbrayton' '63- '66 and would also welcome nostalgia communication from anyone who remembers us.

Dave Rawstron
    Rick Bartley

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Saguenay shipping cap badges

I have 1 , still attached to the cap band . I was mate on the Sunprincess 66/67 era , you are quite welcome to it , if you can let me know how to get it to you . Cheers John Sabourn

The first master who was there was Mike Rand a bluenose from Nova Scotia. The second one can’t remember his name at moment but will come back later no doubt was a wee Scotsman who lived in Canada he was a bit more rational. As I would not have Put in discharge book at time as was Liberian flag and a no no to the BSF. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 23rd September 2022 at 12:00 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#1 Re Nostalgia ... were you on the Brayton or the Flower engaged in the carriage of Bauxite from The Georgetown area to Chageramus in Trinidad and if so did you have an ex Ch. Stwd pay off there . If so I can remember him but not his name , he was a scouse and ex resident of Changi POW camp during the war. He relieved our Ch. Stwd. For the passage to Montreal and hence back to Liverpool . He was apparently famous for his tattood penis which he was quite willing to show to anyone interested. Was only about 8 days to Montreal , but don’t think the passengers were very impressed . Otherwise he was quite an interesting man the gold chain around his neck and his stories about the gold smuggling out of Georgetown I could only conclude were from the Horses Mouth. Just found paper discharge from the princess joined Halifax March 66 left Oct. October 67 Rank Ch. Officer. The Republic of Liberia. JS.
    Ps will have to check those dates again as March 66 does not sound right as was on another ship during the seaman’s strike during that year and can’t be in two places at the same time. Memory now coming back the Scots master that was there also was a Captain Dewer , hows That for memory some you remember some you don’t as regards the paperwork will have to recheck if remember to , but it was the 66/67 era. After the seaman’s strike was when I joined the Sunprincess anyhow , that I do remember correctly as was my first foreign flag ship . Cheers sorry for not getting it 100% the first time . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 23rd September 2022 at 01:02 AM. Reason: GGEd
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#3 correction to dates 27 . 12. 66 to 10. 10. 67. Liberian paper discharges designation chief officer. JS
    R575129

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post