Thread: wanted, Canadian pacific tuxedo lapel facing 1st class saloon waiter

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default wanted, Canadian pacific tuxedo lapel facing 1st class saloon waiter

As I was boy waiter 16, 1957,helping to run the officers table with the officers steward, 1st class saloon, on the Empress of France, we had lilac lapel tuxedo facings with beaver badge motif, I would love to own those facings again, any offers?

2. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes Doc Vernon, Keith Adams, N/A, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: wanted, Canadian pacific tuxedo lapel facing 1st class saloon waiter

Hi Bert, I was 4th Mate on the “Empress of France” Liverpool 19 August 1957. Did a round trip and on second trip was pulled off to the Beaverburn in Montreal. You are right about the Mates and senior Radio Officers eating in !st Class as we weren’t allowed to fraternize with passengers in case of emergency. Unlike Engineers,we didn’t head up a table in tourist so didn’t get to meet the ladies. Would have been nice. Did we perhaps meet ? I gave my complete uniform to a local Theatre Group. Wish i had kept the braid with the centered maple leaf. Good luck in your search. Cheers, Keith Adams.

4. Thanks Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes Bill Morrison, N/A, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: wanted, Canadian pacific tuxedo lapel facing 1st class saloon waiter

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Adams View Post
    Hi Bert, I was 4th Mate on the “Empress of France” Liverpool 19 August 1957. Did a round trip and on second trip was pulled off to the Beaverburn in Montreal. You are right about the Mates and senior Radio Officers eating in !st Class as we weren’t allowed to fraternize with passengers in case of emergency. Unlike Engineers,we didn’t head up a table in tourist so didn’t get to meet the ladies. Would have been nice. Did we perhaps meet ? I gave my complete uniform to a local Theatre Group. Wish i had kept the braid with the centered maple leaf. Good luck in your search. Cheers, Keith Adams.
    Sorry Keith, just before my CPR time, I was coasting with Coast Lines in 57 getting my sea legs.
    On the France, the engineers had there own mess on the boat deck, only the Chief used the officers table, along with ROs and Mates, we carried a male hair dresser one voyage on the officers table, he upset the chief RO who objected to him wearing cologne at the table, (before the days of aftershave) there were strict dining rules, the catering staff were not allowed beards, visible tattoos, deodorants, long hair, loose jewellery, how things have changed.
    PS still looking for my Lilac lapel facing with the beaver motif.

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was reading my old posts, above. and I realized that now Im 82, and I must be one of the last remaining crew members of the Empress of France, she was scrapped in 1960 when I was 18, any more survivors out there,?

8. Thanks N/A thanked for this post