Thread: Cadet Ship Film

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Cadet Ship Film

Hello all,

I am writing humerous novel very loosely based on my first trip on a Clan Line cadet ship. If you were there don't worry your secrets are safe as none of the book characters are real! What I would like to know is what was the name of the film which we were all shown about venereal disease? The one which stopped us getting any nooky for a few ports? Such a long time ago that things like that are easily forgotten

Best regards to all

Danny

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cadet Ship Film

Hello Danny,
    I don't recall any film about VD, but there were many posters issued by B&C showing the graphic results of VD. There were safety films that were placed on board with the film reels, but I cannot recall the name of the company.They also had them on the acceptable length - again this did not have any effect.
    I think we may have sailed together on the Nina Bowater out of Cornerbrook in the mid 70's.
    Cheers
    Malcolm Keast

3. Thanks Mike Hall thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Old VD film was part of a series which I think came from the Merchant Navy training board I remember seeing that one and a couple of out ships fires and what about what to do in case of a nuclear attack but can't remember the name if you put a note on the Facebook page for British and Commonwealth I know at least one of the old training officers looks in there from time to time you might get an answer
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Keast View Post
    Hello Danny,
    I don't recall any film about VD, but there were many posters issued by B&C showing the graphic results of VD. There were safety films that were placed on board with the film reels, but I cannot recall the name of the company.They also had them on the acceptable length - again this did not have any effect.
    I think we may have sailed together on the Nina Bowater out of Cornerbrook in the mid 70's.
    Cheers
    Malcolm Keast
    Ah Cornerbrook, now there was place if ever, 9:1 ratio of women to men during the week, 11:1 at weekends, go into a bar and the women would get up and invite you to sit with them; most hospitable place.