Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Buries Markes

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Buries Markes

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bates View Post
    I was on the La Chacra Aug 68 to Feb 69,good ship fecent company good feeders and reasonable overtime,The skipper was a very distinguished gentleman Captain Eyre - Walker
    Was along side the la chacra i guess in 58 or 59 in oz it may have been an older vessel but was a smart looking craft ...but more likely when she was new .....cappy

2. Likes j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What a name to call a ship . La is also masculine I believe . I can imagine how and what sort of nickname she had , or even a person who had problems pronouncing French words . JS
    R575129

4. Likes cappy, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

buries marks i was in an ore carrier in 1960 believe she was buries marks...name of Mabel warwick....did they have like a german cross on the stack ....pretty sure they did ....all the ore carriers great feeders plenty overtime own accom....back to a tramp after them ...not a happy bunny ..cappy

6. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: Buries Markes

cappy Yr.#23 re MABEL WARWICK.
    You're right about the white'swastika' on the funnel, cappy.She was the fourth- to- last ship built at Grays,W.Hartlepool before they closed down in 1961.
    She had a sister-the JOYA McCANCE
    INFOLINK with pics for MABEL WARWICK.

MABEL WARWICK.jpg

Phota taken at Vitoria ,Brazil ,1966 by Edson de Lima Lucas,Shipspotting.com

8. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i went to the pool shortly after returning from skinning out in oz i was given the allurity ex empire domby ....built 1944 ...a great little vessel one of everards ....asmall tanker bunkering vesssels in the tees ...out of shields ....and wished to go foriegn as in later months of the year she went out the tyne fully laden then
    turned into a submarine

i paid off and went to the shields pool ...he gave me a chitty for a vessel at the ore quay ......when i looked at the chitty it appeared to say mabul wahad.....i thought jeez they are giving me a bleeding arab vessel now......so was pleasantly cheered to see the mabel warwick which looked brand new signed on oct..1960 buries marks.....ist time own accom a 5 star food....bags of overtime ....victoria in brazil i i recall .....cappy..R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Hahessy View Post
    Greetings Phil, A voice from the distant past.I also joined BM in 1968..La Primavera and was on La Colina with your goodself in 1969,then La Pampa,La Estancia,La Loma and finally Bulk Eagle where my sea -going career came to an abrupt end when I had an argument with a Munck Loader in Martinique.Munck Loader 1,Paddy nil��I went to port,my right leg went to starboard and that was the last we ever saw of each other.Oh dear,how sad ,never mind.We last met in South Shields just before my last and nearly fatal voyage..It was good to hear of your own career development and I certainly envy you that...are you in touch with any of the other BM gang or South Shields crew for that matter.All the very best for now,

Paddy
    Great to hear from you Paddy. I Kept in touch with Ian Burnett for a few years but nobody else. You probably remember Martin Phipps. He and I used to relieve each other as mate on Norman Lady until her last fateful voyage. After Norman Lady was handed over to the Norwegians in 1984 I didn't fancy going back to chemical tankers so decided it was time to pack up. Would you believe I became the 'man from the Pru' for the next five years followed by sixteen years with South West Water. As others have probably found working ashore seems very mundane after many years at sea. In 1996 Angela and I moved to Spain. We don't live on the coast, but in a cave house in the foothills of Andalucia, and we love it. I'm afraid we find the news from UK rather depressing lately, and hope our four grandchildren are not brought up to be Woke snowflakes. I think as we get older it is more difficult to accept the changes. Anyway Paddy it was terrific to hear from you. Obviously we all knew of your terrible accident at the time. Did you not work in the London office for a while after your recovery. Let me know what you been up to since. Kind regards, Phil

11. Thanks Paddy Hahessy thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3