Thread: Auckland Star

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Auckland Star

A bit quiet on here so Merry Xmas to all the Blue Star boys from the 60'70's
    I thought we were doing it tough on the three Port Boats I sailed in but The Auckland Star was the worst feeder I was on,
    17th Jan -19 May article no. 196448 Fireman , a good mate on there Patrick Montgomery (monty ) passed away a couple of years ago
    but we had a great crowd on her , Headlines in Aussie Paper, Sex Orgy on Auckland Star when customs did a surprise search there were
    girls running everywhere ,they were great days. anyway boys may 2021 bring you much joy and happiness .
    Tony Mullen

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Auckland Star

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mullen View Post
    A bit quiet on here so Merry Xmas to all the Blue Star boys from the 60'70's
    I thought we were doing it tough on the three Port Boats I sailed in but The Auckland Star was the worst feeder I was on,
    17th Jan -19 May article no. 196448 Fireman , a good mate on there Patrick Montgomery (monty ) passed away a couple of years ago
    but we had a great crowd on her , Headlines in Aussie Paper, Sex Orgy on Auckland Star when customs did a surprise search there were
    girls running everywhere ,they were great days. anyway boys may 2021 bring you much joy and happiness .
    Tony Mullen
    Hi Tony.
    Your post brought back many happy memories,i did two trips on the Adelaide Star sistership to the Auckland and it was the happiest ship i ever sailed on,spent one night in the clink in Auckland for having girls on board they had to get taxis to get us all down as there was over 60
    the police told my mate there was no more room and for him to share the fine with me which was 10 shillings,anyway have a happy new year
    and i hope your covid problem does not last much longer i am in NZ and we are more or less back to normal.
    Bill Wardale.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You were lucky I was fined £5 with 10 bob costs or five days in prison for the same offence. Couldn't pay the fine so was locked up for the five days. When I got back to the ship I was logged five days pay for being "adrift".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post
    You were lucky I was fined £5 with 10 bob costs or five days in prison for the same offence. Couldn't pay the fine so was locked up for the five days. When I got back to the ship I was logged five days pay for being "adrift".
    was she worth it lol cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post
    Tough job but some one had to do it mate.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Likes Des Taff Jenkins, cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    was she worth it lol cappy
    Probably not but it adds to life's experiences. Some of the most interesting people can be met in the most unexpected places.
    A few days later I was sitting on a hill overlooking Auckland harbour watching the Suevic sail away. A new experience was beginning.

8. Likes cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Louis.

Your watching the Suevic sailing away reminded me of sitting at a bar in Montevideo. If we were told that we were sailing at a certain time and we were to get back to the ship an hour before sailing, we would ask the dockies what time they expected it to be finished. If they gave us a later estimated time we would, (after too many drinks) keep looking down at the harbour and if we could see the funnel we knew we were ok. I do not know how we were so lucky as we did this more than once, and never missed the ship. Great days to look back on.

Frank