Thread: kevin mcguire

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default kevin mcguire

hi,im paul mcguire,my dad was kevin mcguire chief steward/catering officer,with blue flue most of his life,he was also in the suez stranded ships,his best mate was peter"pedro"tigh who sadly passed a year or so ago,i would like to hear from anyone who remembers him thank you

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Red Lead Ted, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: kevin mcguire

Quote Originally Posted by paul mcguire View Post
    hi,im paul mcguire,my dad was kevin mcguire chief steward/catering officer,with blue flue most of his life,he was also in the suez stranded ships,his best mate was peter"pedro"tigh who sadly passed a year or so ago,i would like to hear from anyone who remembers him thank you
    Hi Paul.
    Yes the two Blueys ,Agapenor and Melampus,part of the so-called Yellow Fleet trapped in Suez from 1967-1975 became known as the 'Agalampus' crew.They were part of the Great Bitter Lake Association.There are a lot of posts HERE
    Regards GrahamBlue Funnel (2).gif

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Red Lead Ted, j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: kevin mcguire

Paul, I wish you well in your quest, The only thing i would add is although most of us remember the Suez closed it was over 50 years ago and the few seaman who i new where trapped have sadly passed, But hey mate there has to be a few still kicking it and believe me all those Blue Flue guys would remember each other alright lets hope one of them spot your post it was an historic time in Merchant Shipping especcially British. Best Regards Terry.
    {terry scouse}