Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ROBERT (Bob) PRESCOTT-Did You Know Him?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Simon Tudor-Jones

Helllo

Simon Tudor Jones is mentioned in this message. If he is the same one that I knew, he was a Radio Officer who trained at Riversdale College of Technology in Liverpool in the mid 60's. However, i have just found out that he died in 2008.

Regards

HB

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default BobPrescott

I sailed with Bob on the Westminster Bridge.Ocean Bridge and Worcestershire and still think of him,a brilliant shipmate who would have given you his last pound.It was people like Bob that made the tough times bearable.

3. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi

I served as a cadet with Bob at Southampton College. I remember Bob well. I did not sail with him as I was a cadet with Blue Star Line.
    Had many a good night out with Bob in Southampton. Also on the train back to the North West when it was time for leave.

5. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulliver View Post
    I'm Placing this thread in a New Post within the Shipping Company(Bibby Line )Forum,so that in future it will be visible to future viewers,and not be hidden elsewhere.

Our member Calway is the sister of Robert Prescott who was an Engineer with Bibby Line from 1967 to 1976. Sadly,Robert died in an engine-room explosion during trials in in 1976 aboard the 'Liverpool Bridge'. (This vessel ,renamed the 'Derbyshire' was later the same one lost with 44 persons in 1980.)

Cal would love to hear from anybody who sailed with,or knew of her brother, as she was only very young when Robert died on the 'Liverpool Bridge.'

So far ,myself and Ross have replied to Cal,so if any member reading this thread in the future and who knew her brother,please contact her.

Cal has just been in hospital for a short while,and I'm sure ,like me,we all wish her well!
    Davey(Gulliver)
    Hello Gulliver,
    In reply to keith Mcgills,( where are you now Keith), note, Keith (Blue Star) and I (Cayzer Irvine) were in digs together in Southhampton along with Bill Dixon (Bibbys). We used to knock around together because Bob Prescott was in digs with another of our friends Jeff Knowler (RFA), and Bobs other mate who was Allan Cotton(Bibbys). Myself,Bill and Jeff were a year ahead of the others. I finally joined Bibbys in 1970 and stayed with them until 1984 when they flagged out. I finished on the Trinidad and Tobago as Chief engineer, Pete Lindsay was Second, and my opposite number was Donald MacDonald.
    I recently retired Jan 2010 from the Northern Lighouse Board as Chief engineer on their vessel the Pharos.
    Hope this contribution helps. Best wishes.

7. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Bob,

Keith has just departed back to Norway where he is running up a new dive support boat. He has been on about getting in touch with you for a while so when he returns (in about 6 weeks I think) I will give him a push in the right direction.

Steve Burden

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: ROBERT (Bob) PRESCOTT-Did You Know Him?

I was an Engineer on the "Ocean Bridge" ...joined it in December 1973 and came off it in March 1974

10. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi
    I was in Southampton college with Bob (scouse) and we shared the same digs throughout our stay. Ironically we were in the same company, Bibby line and I was on the Liverpool bridge after the explosion that tragically took Bob away from us at such a young age.

12. Thanks N/A, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Guys, I am afraid you now have me in tears as Bob was my best mate from the days of the Westminister Bridge, Wocestershire etc. When I finished with Bibs to get married he would arrive home and spend his first couple of days at mine before I could get him to go home! He is also the Godfather of one of my kids ,I was close with the family and still miss him as we got on so well together, the stories would fill a book!! The last night before he left well the less said the better!! Knew the family really well but time has separated us. regards to all,
    Rob Owens (R/O)

14. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2