Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: big bad ben

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Was the Northern Irish 2/E George someone? Ballymena man I think? Sailed with him on the Warwick.

edit - George Eccles? Known as 'Clancy'?
    Last edited by Neil Hay; 1st January 2012 at 09:21 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Alan,

Now you can.

If you go to http://www.paulsteel.webspace.virginmedia.com/gazette/ and look either under the date or the ship. That is one of the Gazettes I have processed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Melia View Post
    John
    You and I were together on Warwickshire up to October 1975. Remember we paid of in Kuwait, I was the R/O and had my wife with me.
    I'd love to have the names of the other guys on that voyage if you can remember any of them.
    Best Wishes
    Alan
    Paul Steel (Bibbys 1971 - 1984)
    Toronto City, Lincolnshire * 2, Dart America * 2, Dart Atlantic * 2, Herefordshire, Hampshire * 3, Wiltshire * 3, Staffordshire * 2, Devonshire, Berkshire

Unofficial Bibby Gazette http://www.bibby-gazette.co.uk/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Alan

If I remember there was a couple of crew changes when I sailed on her. Where you on board when we where on a layby in liverpool for about a month awaiting orders. I remember the 5th Eng I'm sure his name was Nessbit and the purser was Tony Malbinaro. The 2nd off as you said was from Ireland I can't remember his name but I remember him going home for the week end and coming back with a load of guiness that we drunk on the boat deck as we where crossing the Mersey to the Layby birth in Birkenhead. I had my wife Lorraine and duaghter Donna on board whilst we where laid up. John Lowe and Willy Turner had their wives on board Willies wife was an american named Mona. When we left Birkenhead we sailed Albert Dock in London Where the wives joined us again for about another week. can you remember this?

regards

Big Bad Ben

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: big bad ben

Hiya John, yep I remember Big Bad Ben! How the bloody hell are ya after all these years? I stayed in the Rock Hotel with you in Gib when we paid off the Mersey Bridge. Mick Barkley (the mad Irishman) was 4th and I was 5er. You were a bit of a joker and I remember a time when you planted some 6 legged beast that you found in the grain cargo firmly on my shoulder while I was taking a shower - probably the fastest I'd moved all trip!!!
    Got any memories or pics from that trip?
    Best regards, Alan Seddon (from Liverpool)

5. Likes N/A liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2