Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bankline

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bankline

Well John there is of course an alternative but derogatory definition of QANTAS which we won't dwell on,something to do with the type of person who desires to train as male cabin crew with the national airline.
    Also I believe the Flying Doctor Service is the FDS?.not to be confused with the incredulous expletive FFS ,or indeed MDF ,which is available from DIY and Builders Merchants.That brings me nicely to the dilemma of mixing up your MI5 with that well-known department store MFI,which on a TV news report( re the lone terrorist in Liverpool who blew himself up in a taxi outside a hospital),and a Liverpool lady councillor talking about it. She actually got M15 and MFI mixed up-totally different organisations/markets,methinks.It wasn't cut either. Strange thing is nobody to my knowledge ever commented on the mistake.I have come to the conclusion that not only am I a wordsmith and proofreader,but that my brain is somehow wired incorrectly,and I hear things others cannot.Thankfully more and more evidence is now being recorded on You Tube-that may ultimately save me from being sectioned when I am told that I've finally 'lost it',hearing things and writing a load of rubbish. In almost every post I read on here I look ,reading between the lines for a hidden agenda or meaning-some of our most prodigious posters on here ,those with a tremendous output,are very clever you know!

GrahamHappy Wave.gif

2. Likes j.sabourn, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I also like to know what initials stand for and miscalculated badly once. A member of a group I’m in , after his name he had OAM RFD, think I have posted this before. I assumed correctly the OAM stood for Order of Australia Medal. But asked others what the RFD stood for and they didn’t know , so I assume it stood for Royal Flying Doctors and most agreed that was probably correct. But my instincts told me this didn’t seem correct , so I took the bull by the horns and asked him. It stands for Reserve Forces Decoration , anyone of those who didn’t know and asked me I told them to go and ask him themselves. If you don’t ask you will never know. There are many lazy people around. Cheers JS
    PS maybe the bloke who blew himself up thought they would fix him up after he pushed the button,
    Maybe just a bad miscalculation , on his timings and distance from the NHS , or maybe his stamps weren’t all paid. JS .
    PPS. The correct title for those wonderful people who move the sick and injured over long distances is however the RFDS. The Royal Flying Doctor Service . One of my favourite charitys . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 20th November 2021 at 10:21 AM.
    R575129

4. Thanks Graham Shaw thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Doug
    It will be 62 years next January since I joined the Roybank in Mombasa as a first time third mate proud of getting my second mates ticket. Captain Kiff from Axminster, Devon (me Exeter, Devon), mate from Wales, 2nd mate London?
    area. Travelled down Africa, across to India, further on to Japan, Korea, Australia, Nauru, Brazil and back to Europe, Kiel Canal, Poland back to Bremen and paid off 20 months from Mombasa. Enjoyed every minute, apart from the Police Station for an evening in Calcutta. n.b. donít kiss a girl in the back of a taxi.

6. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Far North Queensland . For those who donít know what QANTAS stands for just in case it pops up is Queensland and Northern Territory Air Service. Cheers JS. IIGISI. ( if it gets itchy scratch it ) just made that one up. Someone beat me to FNQ..JS...
    Queers and Nymphomaniacs Taken as Stewards
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2