Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Glad to be Back.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Glad to be Back.

Hi everyone, haven't been on site for quiet a vile now and and feel I should explain my absence:
    I had a stroke in February and have been with the stroke unit having scans, examinations and test, the scans showed the stroke was caused by a
    problem in a heart valve. I was prescribed medication that will help to prevent another stroke. I was discharged from the stroke unit as they are
    happy with my progress, and transferred to the Cardiology section, I had more targeted scans and was told by the heart surgeon that I may need
    surgery but he won't do open heart surgery because of my age, possibly will be keyhole surgery, I'm now wearin a heart monitor, so it's a waiting
    game now. The stroke has taken a toll but I'm doing ok, ot a few things to write about and hope to post at some point as the old grey matter needs to
    be used to keep it going, wish everybody all the best, cheers John Collier

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Glad to be Back.

Pleased to hear you are getting better than what you have been John and starting to take an interest on what is going on in the world today once again. We all come to the age of things not being what they used to be so most of us know how you are feeling and talking about and can only commiserate at and in your situation. Hope things take a turn for the better in the coming New Year and the next year shows improvement in your personal well being . In the meantime seasons greetings to yourself and family and the inevitable take care as is so often said these days. All the best . JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello John F
    Well good to see you back online and sorry to hear of your past experience , not always the best is it!@
    As for age, well i guess we all have different types of Heart Troubles, and just for me , at 82 had Open Heart Surgery for a Six Bypass Operation, and glad to say all was good, now back on track and doing just fine !
    But as said John F , we all have different cases!

It is good to hear though that although you may not be 100% as yet things are looking up, and hopefully will just improve as time goes on!

Will be good at some stage to again hear of any old Tales you have to tell , so just Relax now, take all care and dont do anything that you should'nt LOL.

Thanks for letting us all know anyway .
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry to hear about your ailments, glad you are recovering.
    Take it easy
    Vic
    R879855

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had a fall last February when JF took bad over the last 11 months have had similar also. All the tests for broken bones and head scans have found the broken ribs and hip, the head scans have shown past trauma in the way of minor strokes which I blame for the falls. In about 3 hours time I will know the results of the last head scan , so hopefully they will keep me out of hospital the last place I want to be. If they don’t then whatever will be will be .The continuous grind of doctor and hospital visits will be over , the one big consolation.JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As they say here JS

"You'll be Right Mate"

Have a good Crissie!!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So John, you can now go back to watching the window.
    Sounds as if you have had a bit more than your fair share.
    But you sound positive and key hole surgery is amazing.
    I had an artery bleed cut off with an angiogram so no worries mate you will survive.

JS, hope the head scan goes well, had one a few years back for the brain found nothing.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John.
    You have to watch that key-hole surgery if you lose the key the Surgeon will be furious LOl. Glad to see you back on deck mate, keep posting.
    Cheers Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    I had a fall last February when JF took bad over the last 11 months have had similar also. All the tests for broken bones and head scans have found the broken ribs and hip, the head scans have shown past trauma in the way of minor strokes which I blame for the falls. In about 3 hours time I will know the results of the last head scan , so hopefully they will keep me out of hospital the last place I want to be. If they don’t then whatever will be will be .The continuous grind of doctor and hospital visits will be over , the one big consolation.JS
    Thanks for your reply Jon, hope your head scan results came good for you, I didn't have to wait for mine, my initial scans were for, head neck and heart, after those scans i was returned to the stroke unit. The doctor there had the scan images of my brain on his screen, he pointed out the areas that have been damaged by the stroke, he also explained what problems I may
    experience in the future, this has helped me to understand some of the things that have happened.
    Among other things my balance has been messed up and now need a stick to prop me up, I call it my third le, {Yeah I know, Titter ye not, Lol}, since February I've had a few falls but no
    broken bones I'm glad to say.. I lost my wife 14 years ao this week, doing everything for myself in that time has become second nature to me, things I took for granted now need to be
    worked at, everything takes a bit longer and is a bit harder, I am on top of it all, I get my shopping online and delivered by Sainsburys, my main concern is keeping my independence and
    will always do everything in my power to keep it, love my bungalow and garden, couldn't live with the thought of a care home but I don't think that will happen if I push on as I'm doing .
    Cheers John Collier.
    Last edited by John F Collier; 1st January 2024 at 08:30 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well done, John.
    I can see you in your garden. Dibble in a few spuds, a row of onions, and look forward to a contented New Year. Keep smiling through.
    Harry Nicholson

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast