Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: cappy

mo/rning john
    yes the grace darling museum is still open .....and very well supported in general ......got past blyth with no prob ...rolled the window down ....went giddy and threw out 10 p in one p coins.....as the bleeders scrabbled for it ...i hit the throttle .......mowed a few down but as safety was my sole concern ...i just plowed on......must say the shoals of that coast are very much threatening to see never mind navigate but the coastline as you well know is wild but beutiful.....yes we are well.....and hope gwen and yourself are also in fine fettle .....will definetly go up the coast there again .....the seafood was of only the best ......it was good for the soul after the pandemics influence of the recent times .....keep well old friend ....and try to be good ....lol cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i will use the seamans union money to cover the markup ....it was the greatest disaster fund imaginable .....the only persons i ever new what got any value were the union officials ...non whom in my time at sea never left the effin quay .....or the nearest bar ...bleedin shambles .....cappy

3. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#16 My last memories before leaving the UK was waliking along with Gwen along Bamborough beach saying our farewells to Northumberland as we knew it . I knew it was a death or die hit or miss as emigrating at our age, mine In particular was nearly 55 years of age and emigrating at that age was a big gamble . But the uk held nothing for me apart from memories . Flying over Singapore and landing for change of flights , I remember saying to Gwen look at all those ships laid up in the Eastern Anchorage , that’s where I’ll end up. I must have gypsy blood for sure enough I spent a lot of time bringing them down and taking them back after working them on the Ozzy coast. It was a good gamble and paid off and have never regretted it. After 30 years out here I still love this country and all it has to offer , but still have nostalgia of the old uk which today is alien to me from what it was But that is life I suppose.Hope you didn’t get sun burned on your hols. Cheers JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 22nd September 2021 at 01:46 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

like the song john .....ITS NOT THE LEAVING OF LIVERPOOL THAT GRIEVES ME......came to yorkshire with a wife ....bairn ......and not much more after being offered a job chipping andpainting in the shipyard.......still miss my home town 50 odd years later ....didnt fancy being up a ships side in winter on the tyne with a north easter blowing for the rest of a hard life....we made good choices cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, I know what you mean.
    We arrived 40 years ago but had relatives here which made it easier, and in 2005 my brother and family came out.

There are times when I miss some parts, mainly London, but then when we go back and see what it is like now I know we did the right thing.
    We gave up two pubs and a restaurant to come out, made good money on them and we have worked hard here to bet where we are.

Do I regret it, in a word no, but there rea aspects of UK I still recall from younger days but know they are now long gone.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Likes cappy, Denis O'Shea, Doc Vernon, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

cappy come home you cant take the liverpool out of the lad? jp

9. Thanks cappy thanked for this post