Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: when the boat comes in

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: when the boat comes in

John times have changed so much from our days.
    Now the kids then maybe get married just like Boris and the NZ PM.

A survey shows that the younger generation when they do marry keep individual bank accounts most saying a joint one is old fashioned.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Thanks Dennis McGuckin thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John.
    Most young married couples just have a joint.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes Des, then they progress to the hard stuff and end up on Ice or something worse.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

well cappy had a finle lump of haddock up in shields ....but i have never seen so many folk or cars causing almost grid lock ......shields can get busy in the school hols but this was as if the whole of the north of england had arrived at once .....having said that ..the reason may have been sunderland had the indian virus on one side and north shields on the north side so everyone came to shields ....the weather was great ...but could not get a booking in any sea food retaurnt .....so never had to do it before but stood 30 plus minutes in a bleddy queue.....but true to shields the haddocks were at least a foot long ......and rushed back to our accom and was thorouly enjoyed by my beloved our grandaughter and myself .......there was a strong sea fret abput a mile or so out and the vessels blowing and shields lighthouse soundin off .....brought back memories ...of years ago......the cruise liner azure was in the tyne ....with accom for thousands no doubt ....but looking at her i wondered were the feck all them bodies would accumalate in an emergency ....as it looks likae a large pigeon coop but no deck to be seen for all to gather in an emergency .....ok inside but in a fire situation ....folk need air not plastic fumes ,....... AND THE BOAT WONT COME IN sadly it will happen then of course with the chaos and deaths that will surely follow .....the ostrich will pull its head out the sand and state well it was always a possibility.......CAPPY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Never had a special number plate, wouldn't be any use as when I book the car in for a service I have to write mine down on a piece of paper , as I can never remember it, but I'm getting better, I can now remember my phone number thanks to Covid, have to give it anywhere we go.
    Des
    Hi Des, still remember my first car number plate, JWK720 it was a Standard Vanguard I bought January 61, but don't ask what I had for lunch cheers.

7. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Up until the eighties we had some smashing wet fish shops in this area, all killed off by the supermarkets, one of my favourites was conga eel
    with parsley sauce, carrots, peas and mash, never forgot the way mum cooked that and did it the same way for many years on, I like most fish
    but don't like Plaice and Mackerel, about 1950 I was with my brother in law Reece, we were fishing at Walthamstow reservoir when he landed
    a fair sized Pike, he brought it home and mum roasted it in the oven, it was delisious, sadly he never got anothr one, mums cooking was down
    to earth home cooking nothing fancy, she made brilliant steak & kidney pies ans bacon & onion suet roly poly's that only mum could make, cheers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: A bit of Halibut for you cappy.

10. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: A bit of Halibut for you cappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis McGuckin View Post
    now that is a proper fish den...and worth a few bob ....stick it between two breadvans .and i will have it for breakfast ......is that you catching it den.....suerly a good area you live for fishing and wildlife with bears and all those wild animals a reat fish cheers mate i will show charlie and make him jealous he caught a beuty 37 pounder 2 weeks ago he has a tent a trolley for all the gear its a great sport a little cooker and a billy can stays out two nights or so his latest was a 37 pounder ...i keep taking the mick ...saying ...NOW DONT FORGET YOUR BILLY CAN ....but he thrives on it gives him complete peace of mind... thanks for the photo.den i will show him that .....ps there is no truth that you hit it with a tab nab and stunned it then ......lol best wishes cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Den.
    Looks like it would be better to catch the boat and ride the fish.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Would put up a good fight against a salt water croc if it had the courage to take on . Hope those bread vans carry the proper healthy bread Cappy. You have to watch your weight you know. JS
    R575129

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast