Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: awol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: awol

Look at his last post, he wasn't a happy Chappy. Hope he reads this and comes back, a long time poster and very good seaman.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

2. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

His not a quitter i am sure Des he will be back after his little Holidays i am sure!
    C'On Terry mate lets have you back quick smart!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#11. Can’t remember his last post Des? But would be surprised if anyone on here has not been upset by someone else’s post and most have had their knickers in a tangle at times. That is what free speech produces , lose that which took centuries to get and we are back to the days of serfdom.I can only remember RLT as being very outspoken himself like most on here , and can’t recollect him as said of having his knickers in a twist. Cheers JS
    R575129

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Just hope he has dodged this dam Covid as it was really bad on Merseyside. Had a few beers with him in the Globe pub in Liverpool a couple years ago. Jim Brady, Terry and myself put the world to rights. I had to get the train back to Wirral. I also had to get off a few times as well. You know what they say drink a pint and HISS a quart. The days when I could put a few away and dander home without having to answer the call of nature were well gone that afternoon. I am sure I am not alone in that department these days

Keith at Tregenna Guest

#4: Iceland.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#14. Lewis that would be the invention of the century to be able to recycle and use again , maybe in years to come will be able to buy a pint and last you all night. Maybe the next day too. Still further into the future that one pint may last you a lifetime , but look at the cost of it , it would be the most expensive pint ever. It’s a wonder someone hasn’t got a patent out already . Could also use the source of such as the bar tap. Cheers JS..
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, some years back a movie, 'Waterworld' Kevin Costner.
    Recycling all manner of 'water' and other stuff, maybe it was not so futeristic as it appeared then.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

item 9, Doc I check sent items in my profile and they are never there. I replied to a PM from terry enquiring about my absence from site when I was in dock, he had just lost a very good mate from covid and was busy looking out for his family, that was the last I heard from him. Den

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the kind thoughts lads appreciated, Special thanks to my old mate Dennis O,Shea, I confess i felt over the past few months there was far to much emphasis on researching people from the past for anyone who posts a request, This forum was never meant to be a platform for researching people of days gone by i always considered it more like running a ship with all the ships officers, And ratings from the four departments and the working of the Merchant fleet and our ship mates, I take it that's where Brian got the title from in the first place,

BRIANS MERCHANT NAVY DAYS OLD FRIENDS REUNITED................................. I doubt he meant it to be a platform for delving into government census from yesteryear to find your grandads grandad. I Will be back when i am good and ready in the mean time i am doing other stuff online for a while which appertains to our beloved Merchant Navy. If i was a woman with women's interests i would join knitting.com Regards Terry.
    Last edited by Red Lead Ted; 18th February 2021 at 09:37 PM.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Terry
    Gald to see you are AOK.
    Understand you thoughts on site posts etc, however the site even though started as Merchant Navy old Friends plus, was also meant for many other Subjects such as research. This research does at times help others to find their loved ones lost or missing who were in the Services.
    I dont think you should be distracted by posts that you are not really interested in Terry, so as i have said in the past mate, just go post any you dont want to read!

An example of research which is one of importance is the latest by Billy, without people like him we would loose a lot of the past.
    Assistance Required (merchant-navy.net)

Hope to see you back in full swing sooner than later
    All the best
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

14. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz, cappy liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast