Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Having a Break.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Having a Break.

Hi all, Been absent for a while, eye problems are playing up and needed a break from the computer, apart from
    that all is good, hope everybody is keeping well, hope to be back soon, stay safe, all the best, John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Having a Break.

Good on you JFC know all about Eye probs mate but just try and carry on.
    Still waiting my turn for Cataracts Op, hoping it will be in early Feb 2021.
    The waiting list is terrible , more so now with the Virus around!
    Gees its been a long time though!
    Cheers Keep Safe!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

3. Thanks John F Collier thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John mate, too much time watching the windows. LOL

But seriously I hope you get it all sorted, eyes are the most important of all our senses, without them we are cactus.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Thanks Doc Vernon, John F Collier thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Moss View Post
    #1 Stay safe and well. The festive season is nearly upon us so please take your ease and enjoy, hopefully with your family around.
    The season with family, well maybe, sometimes you are better off with just friends.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    Good on you JFC know all about Eye probs mate but just try and carry on.
    Still waiting my turn for Cataracts Op, hoping it will be in early Feb 2021.
    The waiting list is terrible , more so now with the Virus around!
    Gees its been a long time though!
    Cheers Keep Safe!
    I lost the central vision in my left eye to AMD about 21 years ago Doc, at that time there was no treatment available, I had been monitored by
    the eye clinic at Southend Hospital for two years as I had a lot of distortion i in in my left eye, one morning I woke up to find I had no vision in
    my left eye, just a big black blob that was akin to an ink splash, trust me, that was a horrible experience, I was discharged from the clinic as
    there was nothing they could do. about eight years ago I developed the same problem in my right eye, I went back to the eye clinic, by this time
    a treatment had been developed. The treatment is called EYLEA and is administered by an injection in the eyeball, I was put on a course of four
    injections, unfortunately the forth injection caused an infection in the eye. The surgeon took samples from the eye to identify which infection it was.
    Fortunately they were able to halt the infection but not before it caused some more damage to the eye, I was monitored for a couple of years and
    finally discharged from the clinic about eight months ago as the injections had done their work and eye is free from AMD. I was also told the eye
    had what they call "Wear and tear" the cells are dying and not being replaced, the eye has been through so many procedures with needles etc, the eye has many blind spots now,it seems I'm on a one way trip, I can only hope the process is slow. Hopefully this explains why I may go AWOL now
    and again, I know I can get a bit crabby at times, my situation is pretty frustrating but I try to make the most of it, hope you can forgive me for that. PS, I had the cataracts and lens implants done some time ago, my Optician referred me to the clinic, they had all of my records and sent me
    to a private Hospital, it was all done within a couple of months, they even did the bad eye, it was brilliant until the infection buggered everything up,
    Hope it works for you Doc, it's been a long road, cheers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John.
    I am a little worried about my next eyesight driving test, but mine is small cheese compared to your problem. Best of luck John and you know we will all be thinking of you.
    Cheers Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, you area survivor and will come through this OK.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Thanks John F Collier thanked for this post
    Likes Doc Vernon, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Hi John.
    I am a little worried about my next eyesight driving test, but mine is small cheese compared to your problem. Best of luck John and you know we will all be thinking of you.
    Cheers Des
    Hi De, thanks for that mate, hope all goes well for you with your eye test, sometimes it's best to be a bit pessimistic then if things go wrong
    you don't feel so down, having been there, I do know how you feel. When Was 76 I needed to renew my licence, over here there is no need
    for another eye test, the licence application form has a questionnaire that relies on you to be honest {Bad mistake} when it comes to losing
    their licence, people will lie their teeth out. I had been a driver for 56 years, both private and commercial also held a HGV licence so driving
    was a big part of my life, in this area, at that time there had been two people killed by elderly drivers with bad vision, one victim was a young
    woman on her way to be fitted for her wedding dress, she was killed on a zebra crossing, the local vicar was her aunt, she started a huge safety campaign involving MP's and high ranking police and councillors etc, although I had not had any accidents or incidents, my conscience told me
    it was time to quit, I did miss the freedom of driving, but I had a clear conscience and peace of mind, got my shopping delivered by Sainsburys
    and started to walk rather than ride, I soon felt fitter and also realised how many things you see when walking, that you can miss when driving,
    so it's not all bad Des, wish you all the best, take care.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Moss View Post
    #6 So sorry to hear of your plight. Nothing lasts forever my gran used to say. My dad just said life's a B**** and then you die! Cheerful sorts weren't they. Mind you he survived the Kakoda trail in New Guinea.
    You seem to coping admirably well best wishes and here's hoping you can remain where you are now and not get any worse. Everyone has you in their thoughts.
    Many of those old sayings carried some good advice Victoria, mum would use old sayings that came from her grandmother, one of those was,
    "Never worry, worry til worry worries you", I've tried to live by that way of thinking as I believe you can worsen situations by worrying too
    much, another old saying is "It will all come out in the wash", I've had to be adaptable in my life, my hearing was damaged in the wartime
    bombing and has deteriorated throughout my life, for the last 30 years I've been completely deaf except for the sounds that tinnitus brings
    with it, I worked for BT for 30 years and earnt promotion to three different ranks, I was highly regarded there for the quality of my work,
    that wasn't easy and I encountered obstacles that had to be mastered, so this thing with my eyes is another obstacle to try and deal with,
    all I can say is I'll give it my best shot, and hope it' going to be a long process in further loss of vision. When I lost my wife of 48 years, It
    was a huge blow, I couldn't imagine life without her, come Christmas I will have been on my own for 11 years, maybe we are tougher than
    we think we are, I'll soon be 82 so safe to say I'm over the halfway line , thanks for your good wishes, Wish you all the best, take care.

13. Thanks Doc Vernon, j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    John mate, too much time watching the windows. LOL

But seriously I hope you get it all sorted, eyes are the most important of all our senses, without them we are cactus.
    Hi John, sems the windows haven't been cleaned during the pandemic and now they are so filthy, just like the feelthy pictures you used to buy
    in Port Said, "Oh YES you did" , thanks for your good wishes, "Que Sara Sara", cheers

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast