Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Off a wee bit

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Off a wee bit

Thanks Victoria
    I am not at all worried about the Op just that i wish it could be done and dusted!
    This waiting is the thing that i just hate!
    I have spoken to a few people here who have had this procedure done,and actually the bloke next door to me had his done some 8 Months back,he had one done at a time though ,but i know that it was quick and the Healing as well,as after both had been done (one at a time that is) he was walking around quite normal afer only two days ,the Cover patch he had n was gone and he said all was well.
    Cheers

PS I had laser Surgery some Years back as i said on a detached Retina ,that was a bit painful for a day or so,as they removed the Eye to Laser the Detachment back.
    I looked like I had gone some rounds with old Mike Tyson LOL
    Cheers
    Senior Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Glad for your news Vernon - once done you will be OK - you are so right, the waiting and anticipation is the worst !!!!!!!!!!! don't I know it.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

3. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vernon, yes pity you did not get to Circular quay but your health must take preference.

No medicals here, but as a volunteer driver with the community centre I have to have a Police check and medical report every two years, but my "Working with Children' permit lasts for as long as I need it with no further checks.

As to Road worthies, we do not have them, as one gov man rightly said,' the car is only roadworthy that day, next day on light globe goes and the car is then unroadworthy. so what is the point of them'?

Maybe right as there are so many rough places out there when it comes to such.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have medicals for driving down here too after a certain age or if you have a medical condition. My husband recently was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. He had quite a few hoops to jump through to maintain his licence. He got a 5 year one but the medical only lasts 3 yrs so will have to have another before his licence can continue.
    It is all about trying to keep the roads safe, horrors if they get those driverless cars up and running.

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I maintain some private health insurance so my cataracts were done that way ( not too much of a gap) They waited a month between each procedure in and out in day surgery. I didn't get a patch just lots of drops and a check up a few days later. The first eye went well but the sedation for the second wasn't as good so I actually felt it all even saw the new lens go in opened like an umbrella fascinating, the surgeon was surprised. That eye took longer to come good. When I went back for the check up I told him a had 2 house bricks for him, said I had intended to insert his head between them if that eye hadn't come good. He laughed, took pleasure in telling me I would now see all the dust I thought I had been sweeping up not to mention all the lines on my face!!!

9. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2