Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Kismet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Kismet.

Just re-read your posts of your downs and ups and do it every couple of days. Thank you so much for sharing and pointing out there is a light at the end of the tunnel—and it ain't a train.

At the moment we are overwhelmed, fifty boxes in a rental storage shed and about fifty more scattered around our apartment that looks under-whelming at its size and the sound of foot-steps overhead from a possible three year old "Attention deficit disorder" want-to-be tap dancer, will sort that out pretty damn quick.

Trying to unpack, arrange furniture and the wife's treat, knocking out five of the seven days this week, I think it will be the new year before we can put a stop to camping out and living in comfort once more.

The comforting news. I've been told even if a light bulb burns out just call maintenance and they will be over to put a new one in....for me heaven on earth.

Later, but thanks again, you have no idea how comforting your responses have been to my wife and me.

Cheers all, Rodney and Jm.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Rod.
    Even among all the trappings of moving and the problems your lovely wife has; you sound strong. I hope you get things sorted enough to have a wonderful Xmas together and hope your family can join you.
    Have a lovely Xmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
    Cheers Des

Xmas.jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Mills View Post
    Just re-read your posts of your downs and ups and do it every couple of days. Thank you so much for sharing and pointing out there is a light at the end of the tunnel—and it ain't a train.

Later, but thanks again, you have no idea how comforting your responses have been to my wife and me.

Cheers all, Rodney and Jm.
    Hi Rodney It's good to hear from you and to see you are in your new home in time for Christmas, glad to hear you are both bearing up after
    all that you both have / are going through, although your new home will take a while to adjust to you must feel relieved that the home move
    is done. It is one year today that I moved from my home of 51 years, I am very happy in this Bungalow which is right next door to my sons
    home, I have made some alterations here just to stamp my own ID on the place , during the Summer I took up the existing Patio and laid
    the new one with York Stone, then I had the front and rear gardens landscaped and the lawns replaced with artificial grass leaving me with
    the flower beds to tend to, so after a lifetime of mowing grass I can now look out on lovely manicured lawns without lifting a finger . I also
    bought a new Greenhouse, something I've had for so many years but had to leave behind when I moved. Because of all the other stuff that's
    been going on plus a a bit of laziness I still have a shed full of unpacked boxes to go through but that can wait until the sun shines again,
    until then I'm happier indoors still plenty to do. I'm hoping to post a thread shortly about Southend which Ithink you might find interesting
    as it is about places you know, trouble is eyes are bad and it takes a while to do. Well Rodney I hope bothyou and your lovely wife settle in
    well to your new home and wish you a very Happy Christmas and all the best for the New Year. HopeYour health problems improve in 2020.
    Wish you luck in all that you do mate. Cheers John.
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 3rd February 2020 at 11:08 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rodders, all sounds good now and looks as if you are settled at last.
    Enjoy the season, take good care of your ear wife and look forward to a year of hope health and happiness.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

May i echo the words of John Rodders
    So glad you are at last settled
    Cheers
    Take Care
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Update:

As I have said, my wife's condition has stabilized, her blood condition is normal, so the treatment she is receiving has her under control.* There is no cure for her conditions.* Her treatment is once a month, with weekly blood tests.* My heart is in my mouth with every test and then a big sigh of relief when we are a given a copy of the blood results and I leave the hospital wanting to skip with joy....for another week.

My heart valve is working as it should.* In my morning exercises I'm doing 3 sets of 35 pushups and leg-lifts plus 7 other exercises, down from 3x50.* I don't think I can get back to the same level, time (age creep) and the fact that I had to have a three month lay off, did me in. That was time waiting for the valve insertion and recovery period.

I bike ride 5 miles a day, down though from 10 miles.* I could still do the 10 miles but I've moved to the city and the peaceful course I rode daily is now along the sidewalk going over a bridge with a six lane (3 each way) highway along side...quite frankly it sucks.* Only my exercise discipline keeps me going not the enjoyment of the past 23 years of biking daily in peace.* I have to worry about the traffic racing past me a mere few feet away and concentrate also on not hitting the sides of the* long bridge, which are a couple of feet away too.* I feel like a bloody beginner tight rope-walker biking over a three feet cement rope.

We have rented a three bedroom apartment, One bedroom for us. One is a guest room with a pull out couch/bed, we use for guests, and for me to do my painting, and other hobbies in.* The third we have purchase book cases for what's left of our library and a desk set up for our computer and printer, which I use mostly for what I'm doing now, writing to you guys and reading your posts on this site. Plus of course a living room, dining area and kitchen.* It's basically the same as our former house, but smaller square footage.

It's a three story building holding 12 apartments, a gaited community of 15 buildings.* The best news is it is 10 minutes from the hospital and the doctors office, which beats the two hour drive each way we had. * It's a mile from supermarkets etc. and beats 8 miles, but my wife has no room for a freezer unit which she loved and stocked-up on items as they came on sale.* Consequently it seems like we are shopping almost daily, which I hate with a passion.

My other cross to bear is getting used to noise from above us (we are on the ground floor) it is occupied by a single mother with about a four year old daughter.* The mother must wear hob nailed boots and marches almost continually* across the floor, the daughter is a brat and delights in jumping off her bed and running up and down.* After me telling them off in a loud voice, the mother attempts to shush the kid up.* But the kid ain't having it., It's a half assed battle up there.* I've joined the fray. * The kid has a two hour nap (after much stamping and whining).* I give her half hour to go off, and play my radio, loud enough to wake the kid.* Every time she starts her tantrums, which is quite often she gets a blast of radio so both can associate the radio to the brats behavior .* The brat doesn't go to bed until 10 p.m. and sleeps until 9 a.m.* So this morning I woke her at 7a.m..* If that don't work it's 6 a.m. tomorrow.

All in all I ain't a happy camper, but we had no choice, the house and medical travel was too much.*

We checked out the retirement homes, but the ones advertised on our T.V., showed movie star quality wrinkles (not a fat one in sight). playing tennis, dining in a table cloth/waiter dining room, yeah, from $5,000.00 a week each and up.* We looked at the real world ones that we could afford. First the smell that greeted you. piss and disinfection.* There was a T.V. room with about 15 comatose residents in wheelchairs drooling, and a muted T.V. playing the national and local weather channel, 24hrs a day.* Marching up and down the hall were nurses that looked like they were auditioning for nurse Ratchett in "One Flew Over The Coocoo's Nest."* Fun City it wasn't.

Well ship mates, I've brought you up to date, to those who've read this through to the end, thanks!

Rodney P.s. Does anybody know why * are all over? It only happens on this site and I forgot to preview this post and take them out.
    Last edited by Rodney Mills; 3rd February 2020 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Rod, reading your post, i feel your pain, i have been married to a lovely women for 54 years, and as we get older we realise how much we depend on each other, all that old sex business goes out the window as you get older, ( i did not say its finished ), but its no longer important in our lives. I know exactly where you are you are coming from re noise from neighbours, i lived in a fire service house, where my neighbour was also my boss at work, his wife loved music, and party, at weekend it drove us daft with noise, terminating with me knocking on his door at 0200hrs, and reading his history to him, didn't help at work. When i finally bought my own house, i would have bought a caravan if it was detached from neighbours, but was fortunate to buy a detached bungalow, where is all at peace, and my neighbours are lovely. As i approach 80, i do wake at night and wonder where it is all going in my life, and life seems to gather pace, all very worrying , but its what we are left with. So my wishes are with you Rod , best wishes to you and your wife, regards KT
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Words so close to me as well KT
    Approaching 80 as well (June this Year) and Married 53 Years this Year again close to you,but of course it is after all my third! LOL
    Also of course bought our own House detached (no other way) and my third House in life.
    Also sometimes wonder where its all going but just plod along,what else is there ??
    The Bed thing,well there you may be a wee bit better than me LOL
    But still as you say not of such importance these days .

Yes words i can relate to ,and i too send my best to Rod.
    Just stay positive in life i say and all will be fine !
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rodders, you are not down and out until the bell rings, and it 'aint gona ring for some time yet.

Hang in there, keep keeping fit if not for you but for her sake, time will come when she will need you big time, until then hang in there and enjoy life to the fullest.
    It 'aint over till the fat lady sings.

Any one know who this fat lady is?

As to noise from neighbors, we are lucky with a fully detached property on a big block.
    but some years ago just down the court from us a party was going on, up to 2300 hours no worries.
    But it continued and could be heard the other side of town I reckon.
    But I fixed it.
    Here in Oz all power boards are on the outside of the house so the meter can be read. Not any more as now smart meters do not need readers, but then it was easy, all I did was pull the main circuit breaker and left it on the lawn and legged it.
    Went very quiet after that.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Thanks Captain Kong, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Doc Vernon, Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re: The fat lady singing.

It came from taking the "P' out of Grand Opera. Particularly The soprano singing the part of Brunnhilda in Richard Wagner's eight hour, "Ring Cycle" First she sings the "Ride of the Valkyre" in I think the fifth opera and again in the last opera , "Gotterdamerrung", The twilight of the Gods. She wears armour, a metal bra, carries a spear and shield and usualy wears a horned Viking helmet and sings her song as the Gods fight it out and the world and the opera comes to an end, thus "It ain't over until the fat lady sings." Most operatic sopranos are fat.

P.S. I have the whole eight hour opera on tape., if you have a day to spare to listen to an opera you know where you can get a copy Johno.

Rodney

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast